Prologue

"Are you sure he'll understand?" A calico she asked anxiously, as she stared at the group of starry cats around her.
"He must," Another cat responded, his shimmering pelt reflected around the clearing. "For if he doesn't, the clans will fall apart."
"Let's look into the waterfall, surely it will hold some answers." The calico replied, now seemingly calmer than she had been.
The group gathered around the waterfall, its glowing water reflected in each of their eyes. They all shared their worries in hushed voices as they stared around the group. Another cat stepped in front of the group, this time a tabby with pale blue eyes, and bent down to lap water from the waterfall. She closed her eyes, until her breathing slowed down, and went into a rhythmic pattern.

The cave fell into silence, tenseness was radiating off of the group in waves so big you could feel them ten fox-lengths away. Suddenly, the tabby awoke. She stood up and turned to face the group, her eyes shining happily.
"The water has shown me the future." She began, gazing around at the other cats, whose eyes were looking at her eagerly.
"Tell us Wishstar!" The calico meowed impatiently.
"The clans will not die." Wishstar exclaimed to the group.
Mews of excitement erupted in the cave, but they were silenced by Wishstar's powerful mew.
"That's not all," She began, the glimmer leaving her eyes, "there will be a great trouble in the clans, something we cannot prevent, but can only warn them of."
The group stared at her in disbelief. Voices erupted from the group as they questioned the tabby.
"What is it?"
"Why will it happen?"
"What should we do?"
"Silence!" A tom yowled over the group. The cats immediately fell silent, and looked up to him anxiously.
"Look, we know this will happen, so we have to tell the clans. Cobaltfoot, Pebblepelt, Orbitclaw and Dewdaisy, you must tell the medicine cats, it's almost the half-moon, and that is when you shall tell them."
"Yes Metalstar." The four medicine cats replied, after stepping forward from the group.
"Make sure they know that whatever's happening is beyond our control, or else rumours spread, and suddenly we have whole clans who don't believe in us." The calico said firmly. She stepped back into the group, and one by one they all left the cave, leaving only the rushing waterfall, and its magical waters.