Practice makes perfect (Cha Eun Woo/Lee Dong Min X Rocky/ Park Min Hyuk)

AN: Not X Reader for once because this was requested and what's even better than one handsome man? Exactly, two handsome men😻 Also ignore any timeline mistakes my brain cannot remember everything :,)

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

With an upcoming comeback came newfound stress for Dongmin as well. It was no secret that he was more or less known mostly for his looks. And to Dongmin it was no secret as well that his talents could not measure up to those of his teammates.

Jinwoo was an amazing rapper and producer. Myungjun was an outstanding vocalist. Sanha as well, and could harmonize with the other members perfectly. Bin was an amazing dancer and vocalist anyways. And then there was Minhyuk.

In Dongmin's eyes, Minhyuk had everything he didn't have. Minhyuk could easily take any part and position in the group. He was talented since childhood, danced like he was made for it, had the most beautiful singing voice while still being an amazing rapper.

For years, Dongmin thought those sentiments about Minhyuk were envy. He had spent long nights in the practice room with Bin, complaining about how good of a dancer Minhyuk was. How unfair it was. And childishly, Bin had agreed.

While Bin's envy had festered into a drive to keep bettering himself, Dongmin's envy had festered into a particular dislike towards Minhyuk. Or so he thought.

He had felt uncomfortable around him, to some extent. And those feelings lingered.

Yet he was his friend and thus did not harbor any negative thoughts about Minhyuk. Sure, he was helpless when it came to how touchy Minhyuk was, how affectionate. Especially when it was in front of cameras and Dongmin, that had to watch his image and make sure no people were talking, felt uncomfortable with it.

Yet Minhyuk was always so kind and helpful.

Dongmin had appreciated every offer ofkeep bettering himself at dancing as well. Minhyuk had offered to help him numerous times already as well and yet Dongmin had politely refused.

Dongmin had always been a perfectionist when it came to his craft. Dancing, in particular, was an area where he felt the weight of his own expectations bearing down on him. While he admired Minhyuk's skills and appreciated his willingness to help, Dongmin couldn't shake the feeling of inadequacy that lingered whenever he watched Minhyuk effortlessly glide across the dance floor.

In the beginning, Dongmin's refusals to accept Minhyuk's help were born out of pride and a desire to prove himself. He convinced himself that he could overcome his shortcomings through sheer determination and hard work. Yet, as rehearsals grew more intense and the pressure to excel mounted, Dongmin found himself struggling to keep up. Each missed step and every moment of uncertainty only served to deepen his frustration and self-doubt.

Despite his internal struggles, Dongmin was reluctant to burden Minhyuk with his insecurities. He admired Minhyuk's talent and didn't want to appear weak or incompetent in his eyes. So, time and time again, he smiled and politely declined Minhyuk's offers of assistance, feigning confidence even as doubt gnawed at the edges of his resolve.

☆゜・。。・゜゜・。。・゜★

However, as the days turned into weeks and the weeks into months, Dongmin began to realize that his pride was holding him back. He watched as Minhyuk effortlessly guided their fellow members through intricate dance routines, his patience and expertise shining through with every step. There was a warmth in Minhyuk's gaze, a genuine desire to see his friends succeed, that Dongmin couldn't ignore.

It wasn't until Dongmin found himself nursing a sprained ankle after a particularly ambitious rehearsal that he finally let his guard down. As he struggled to hide his pain behind a forced smile, Minhyuk approached him with concern etched into every line of his face. He offered his hand without hesitation, a silent invitation for Dongmin to lean on him for support.