Drink the city dry

KOKICHIS POV:

We get off the bus and head to the first store. I don't know what store it is yet, but I know it's one Kaede picked.

"Don't worry I'm sure you all can find ONE thing there at least!" Kaede said running towards the bright pink doors.

It's some pastel pink place, I think it's family owned or something because I've never heard of it.

We walk in and Kaede immediately starts running around like a excited puppy.

"It sure is.. bright.. in here." Maki says covering her eyes from the bright white lights.

"Oh come on it's not that bad" Kaito replies "Reminds me of a star!"

"Uhh-huh.." Maki replies back.

I look around a bit and find Shuichi in the blue section of the store.

"Hey Kokichi, what's up?" He says waving to me.

"Nothing much, just looking around. Everything's so pink in here though."

"I'm sure you can find something!" He looks around and points to something. "Look!"

I turn around and look in the direction he's facing. It's a pastel purple race car bed.

"That's for KIDS."

"Yeah but I'm sure you can fit!" He yells" running up to it.

I run after him and once I get close I look at the bed.

"See! You could probably fit. Try it!" He says enthusiastically.

"Ugh fine." I grumble getting on top of it.

I fit perfectly.

He starts laughing and helps me off. "I told you so!"

Its kinda nice so I decide to buy it. I check the price tag and it reads $4,560.

"I would get it but I don't have enough, why is this bed so goddamn expensive?"

"I'll spot you don't worry, it's worth it!" He says pulling out his phone and opening PayPal.

"You don't have too! I'm sure I can live without a pastel purple kids race car bed." I giggled a bit while thinking about it.

"No no it's okay don't worry! It's worth it if I get to have a little laugh whenever I walk in your room!" He snickers while saying the last bit.

"Guy's were all done!! Are you two ready?" Kaede asks walking towards us.

"What is this?" She points at the bed and laughs a bit.

"It's my new bed if you so inquire!" I reply back holding back my laugh.

Shuichi laughs loudly and runs to the cash register. "I'm gonna go pay for it! Be right back!"

"Why is he paying?" Kaede turns back at me.

"I didn't have enough money and he offered to spot me."

"Ohhh! Well be glad about it because he refused to buy me a slushy yesterday" she pouts and turns around to find Maki and Kaito.

"AHHH" She jumps back a bit and lands on the bed.

"What's wrong??" Kaito says looking around worried.

"Oh my god YOU SCARED ME." Kaede replies grabbing her stomach.

I laugh a bit and wave at Maki.

"I just wanted to say that I'm sorry if I've treated you weirdly lately Kokichi! I'm just worried about my pals you know?" He walks up to me and raises his hand for a high five.