start

tw// death, vulgar words, agent!au, r18+.

###.
[ a few years ago ]

"Ms. Jian Levine, you have a new mission." the commander, oldest and highest agent seriously spoke as soon as Jian appear infront of her.

"I already did my last mission, I'm quitting now." Jian said sternly, making her commander look at her, a questioning look on her face.

"Ms. Levine, if you finish this mission you will be free. However, if someone did this job.." her commander paused, making Jian look at her.

"We will have to kill you and you know that's the protocol you signed on." she said looking back at her paper, writing something again.

Jian stood there, thinking about the offer. As soon as her commander stood up, Jian spoke up unexpectedly. "Give me the full details, i'm doing it."

"This is my last mission, after this i'm leaving the agency." Jian said as she stood up from the small table, completely leaving the room.

[ Present, Jian's perspective. ]

As soon as I woke up I looked at my back as I felt a hand wrapped around me, I saw his calm sleeping face.

A year ago since my last mission started, I'm still wondering how lucky am I to have him but unfortunately everytime I ask that to myself guilt grows inside me.

My last mission is him, I fell in love with my last mission. I'm supposed to be killing him, not loving him but here I am, we're 2 years married now and all those 2 years made me forget about my mission whenever i'm with him.

Our relationship is envious to say so, we communicate well and often open up to each other.

I made sure I kept my profile still on character when he got to know me in the starting of our relationship, the character i just want to live in forever.

As I went downstairs, the familiar sound from my phone buzzed as I looked at it and to my surprise it's my superior convincing me to make my mission come to an end.

As I closed my phone and went to the faucet to supposedly wash my face, I felt a strong arms wrapping around my waist.

[ 3rd person perspective. ]

"Why are you up so early baby?" Rain whispered to Jian's ear as his face buried on her neck, "It's not that early love, I just want to wash my face so I can cook us a meal." Jian said smiling as Rain released her from his hug.

As soon as Jian finished cooking she went to their shared room, checking her phone as it buzzed once again. As she checks who texted her, it's her superior telling Jian to meet her.

"Who's that baby?" Rain asked as soon as he walked inside their room, walking towards Jian as they hug each other, "My boss wants to talk to me, I have to meet her in 30 minutes" Jian said ending it with a sigh as Rain cup her cheeks and peck her forehead, "Go on, I have to go to work too lovely." Jian pecked Rain's lips as she took a quick bath.

As Jian met her commander, she simply just looked at her, "What do you want?" Jian said sternly while her commander gave her a poker face. "End this mission, as soon as possible." the older one spoke sternly, commanding Jian.

When Jian's about to leave, her commander once again spoke up, "He's the reason why we're doing this." She paused, making Jiain pause her walk too. "His dad and he attacked us before, they took all of our money and weapons saying it's all illegal but soon we found out they stole it and say it's their creation." Jian stood there, finally understanding what her commander was saying.