Chapter Two: A Helping Hand

A dark blue bus was driving steadily on the road into the depths of the forest. On the Valley View Christian bus, all of the kids and were talking to each other excitedly.
Pastor Aaron smiled at the excitement and curiosity from the Christian kids. "Everyone! I am proud of you for wanting to help the people who lives in the National Park."
"I can't wait to see Mateo again," said Joy eagerly.
"Me too," Chris said. "I wonder if he and his family are okay."
"Who is this Mateo guy you mentioned?" asked Jia.
"Oh right." Chris forgot that they haven't met Mateo yet during the disaster relief. "Mateo is a friend of ours who lives out here. We met him during the disaster relief incident and joined us on a Superbook Memory Trip."
Just before their conversation could continue, a sudden bump was felt by the bus and everyone turned around to look at the bus driver. Chris and Joy exchanged a startled look when the bus had suddenly broke down.
"Everyone, let's get outside!" Pastor Aaron has gotten up and gave the kids a reassuring smile as he led everyone out of the bus.
Everyone stood together as the bus driver checked on the smoking bus engine. All of the students started murmuring softly to each other while Pastor Aaron was talking to the bus driver.

The blonde-haired girl accidentally fell out of her window seat and her book fell onto her chest, immediately startled at the sight that her eyes had rested on.
There was a single dove.
The dove was tapping on the window with its beak. As if it was trying to catch Shira's attention for some reason. The blonde-haired girl wasn't sure what to make of the dove. It's not average day that a dove would come by and started tapping on the window while trying to receive a human girl's attention when she was struggling to hold onto the book and was reading it just as well. But the dove must have a good reason trying to contact her for some reason. It must be an unknown emergency for a dove to search for her down. After finally making up her mind, Shira decided to help them.
She quickly put her book away and came outside through the back door to meet with the dove.
"Dove." The blonde-haired girl watched as the dove landed lightly on the tree branches. "I don't know why you want to meet with me. But I am sinner, as well as everyone else." She locked her eyes with dove. "I managed to pay my dues for my sins. But I'll help you in anyway I can." The dove acknowledged her with a nod and flew away from the branches.
Without a second thought, the blonde-haired girl ran after the dove. The blonde-haired girl soon ran through the grass, she leaped over a small stream. To her left, a dense forest stretched out unbroken, except the paths made by the deer and other woodland critters. The blonde-haired girl sped up on the dirty path for about twelve or thirteen paces. She soon slowed down and smiled when she saw a slender deer trail, winding like an endless and waterless stream along the forest floor, the blonde-haired girl raced along the path until she found a grassy, rocky ledge.
Unsure of what to do, the blonde-haired girl looked down from the height and was stunned to see a broken down bus that seemed to have smoke rising from the engine. Though, near the bus was a group of teenagers with an African American man.
As she continued gazing at them, she soon recognized them from the disaster relief. Her childhood best friends with both Mateo García and Henry Peterson. She heard about them through the two boys and learned that the yellow-shirted kids were a Christian group in training or have been baptized and still with the group.
Surprised by what she was seeing, the blonde-haired girl looked between the dove and the Christian group. Finally making up her mind, she nodded to the dove and ran towards one of the forest trails made for hikers to help the newcomers.
If birds could smile, the dove just did.

Back with the broken down Valley View Christian bus and the ones who rode in the bus, everyone was working together on keeping each other calm and safe in their company.
Pastor Aaron and Chris was checking up on everyone from the sudden mishap. Joy was going through the coolers to give everyone a drink with Jia's help. But most of the drinks in the coolers are alcohol and energy drinks. Ellie was talking to the others and calming everyone down.
"Are you alright?" Everyone turned to see a teenage girl coming up behind them, taking in the scene in curiosity and concern.
When the girl stepped out of the shadows and into the sunlight, the kids and the two men could see that the girl walked with calm grace and seemed to be both relaxed and vigilant. The girl has long, wavy golden hair and her skin tone is beige while her striking eyes are blue like the sea and a single scar marked through her left eyebrow. She was wearing a dark blue jacket on top of her purple and white striped shirt with navy blue pants and black sneakers with white soles and toes. But Chris noticed that she has a sling on her left arm.
"Yes, we're okay." Pastor Aaron stepped towards her, a warm smile gracing his features.
The girl observed the scene quietly as she gazed at Pastor Aaron and the bus driver, the gathered kids, and the broken down bus. "I take it you all are here for the disaster relief too, huh?"
"That's right," agreed Pastor Aaron. "How far it is for us to walk?"
"About two or three hours givers take," the girl admitted with a slight shrug. "I can take you guys there."
"That will be kind of you," said Pastor Aaron. "But I have to ask, what's your name?"
The girl smiled at Pastor Aaron. "My name is Shira Grace."