𝟬𝟬. lola darcy

𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗥𝗢𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗘 | nate jacobs
𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀

𝗔𝗣𝗛𝗥𝗢𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗘 | nate jacobs𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀

[ italics — rue's voice over ]

𝙇𝙊𝙇𝘼 𝘿𝘼𝙍𝘾𝙔, with her wild heart and
the unwavering will to fight on, even when everything  around her was  falling apart.

She was the girl next door. Literally.

We were like those typical friends from old
TV shows who grew up together, got in trouble together.

    𝙇𝙊𝙇𝘼 𝙉𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍 𝙃𝘼𝘿 it easy. From the outside, she seemed to have just everything: a good school, many friends, and later, the first love. But those who looked closer, saw the flaws in the facade.

She grew up in a home where the volume of voices often exceeded the volume of the tv.
A home that taught her that silence wasn't peace, but only the silence before the storm.

Lola's parents were like two ticking time bombs. Perfect suburban parents by day, a hurricane of screams and unkept promises by night.

She would never reveal it, but her eyes told stories no child should ever know.

𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙉, 𝘽𝘼𝘿 𝙉𝙀𝙒𝙎 hit my family.
My Dad was diagnosed with cancer, and my life began to fall apart. Lola tried to be there for me, she really did. She was at my door, knocking, calling. But in my fog of pain and pills, I left her outside.

I pushed her away. Further and further, until she stopped coming over, until she stopped calling. I thought, I was doing her a favor.

Lola was always right next door, but to me,
she was miles away. And while i was struggling not to drown, Lola met Nate.

    𝙉𝘼𝙏𝙀 𝙅𝘼𝘾𝙊𝘽𝙎, captain of the football team, king of the high school. In him, she found the missing piece - not the perfect one, but still fitting. They fell in love, and Nate made her his queen.

They say when you're young, you feel things more intensely because everything's a first.
First love, first heartbreak, first colossal fuck-up. And man, did those two fuck up big time.

𝘼 𝙋𝙍𝙀𝙂𝙉𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙔 𝙏𝙀𝙎𝙏, two lines, the inevitable end of their freedom. And instead of taking the easy way out, they decided to risk it all. So they did the only thing that made sense - they ran.

 So they did the only thing that made sense - they ran