Chapter- 19 Something is off!

Follow My Insta account, ID in comment---

As the days went by, things started to return back to normal. Ruhi was trying to settle into the Khanna mansion. Even though seeing her parents was still painful, she was staying strong for her brothers. Both the twins were being protective of her. On days when she came home early or worked from home, one of her brother would stay with her. They didn't directly say the reason, trying to cover it up by saying they didn't feel like going out. But she was neither blind nor stupid. Her Bhaiyu canceled his recordings and rescheduled them, and her Dada postponed his meetings just to stay with her. And just like her brothers kept an eye on her schedule, she did the same, and neither she nor they minded so she knew.

Coming to Ayan, his school started and it's been a week. The kid has been cribbing every morning, not wanting to go, just like she used to do. And as always, her dada has to drag Ayan out of bed, and with a few whacks here and there, her bhaiyu will come to their little bean's rescue... The scenes were so familiar that it actually made Ruhi realize that Ayan was a born brat, and she didn't need to train him for anything better.

It was Saturday evening, Rudra came home early to have a chat with his father. He had been busy with a new merger, and his father was occupied with his case hearings. Rudra changed and headed to the study, he knocked on the door and waited for permission to enter. When he heard a 'Come in,' he walked in, something he wouldn't normally do. But he wanted to have a peaceful conversation and end on a peaceful note, without rileing up Prem Khanna for no reason.

As Rudra walked in, he found his father sitting on the chair behind the table, working on a laptop. He went and stood there, "Dad!"

Prem looked up, "What do you want?" he asked casually. He knew all his kids inside out. The son who had been rebelling for the last six years suddenly became polite... well, that happens when he wants something from him. So, he wasn't amused, nor was he shocked. That one habit was of his second eldest, which Rudra had adapted over time!

"I want to talk to you about something," Rudra said gently. There was no coldness in his voice, neither a plea, just politeness.

Prem nodded, "Sit!"

Rudra sat and looked at his father, "I know about the deal you made with Ruhi," he said straightforwardly.

Prem nodded. It was nothing new again; he knew how much his sons loved their sister and how his daughter respected them. He was aware that today or tomorrow they would come to know about it.

Rudra hid his surprise and spoke, "Ruhi khai nahi jayegi dad. Aur agar aapko lagta hai ki meri shaadi ke baad aap usse jaane khenge or you will blackmail her in any way...I won't let that happen. So..."

"I know, Rudra!" Prem cut him off in his usual tone, "Ruhi khai nahi jayegi...I know that. Is there anything you want to say?"

Rudra looked at him, startled; the father he knew never gave in easily.

"Is there something I should know about, Dad?" Rudra asked slowly. He was actually scared now; his father stricks so suddenly sometimes that he didn't even get a chance to make his move, and for the first time, he wished to be prepared rather than caught off guard!

Prem stood up and walked towards the bookshelf, "There is nothing that you should know about Rudra. Agar hota toh I would have let you know like last time."

Rudra stood up and sighed, "Aap Ruhi ko wapas kyu leke aaye yaha?"

Prem turned and looked at him, "Because I didn't wish to put my family's reputation at stake. Don't tell me you didn't know about it already?"