Chapter 3

The atmosphere was suffocating, everyone was staring at the avatar of gluttony. Their two toned eyes were glowing with anger while their lips were curled back into a snarl.

Those who could see the demon's face would swear they saw the sides of their mouth split wider while their teeth grew sharper. They looked as if they would eat Grim alive, many watching thought they might.

Seizing the opportunity while everyone was too scared to move, the red haired boy cast a spell.

"Off with your head!"

Seeing the heart shaped collar materialise (Y/n) dropped Grim. Quickly wiping the saliva from their mouth, (Y/n) could feel their lingering hunger grow, they turned to the spell's caster.

"MYAH?! W-what are you doing?!"

"The Queen of Heart's Rule 23: 'One must never bring a cat to a formal affair,' " The red haired boy glared at the fiery weasel. "Your very presence here is a violation of order. You will vacate these premises immediately."

"B-but I ain't a cat e-either!" By the way his voice trembled Grim was clearly shaken by what happened with (Y/n). "Don't try t-to collar me! I'll burn it right off! Huh...? Wh-what gives! My fire ain't workin'!"

"Until I deign to remove that collar, you won't be using any magic. You're naught but a pet cat now," The boy said with pride while he stared at Grim in disdain.

"M-meoWHAT?! I ain't nobody's pet-NOTHING!" (Y/n) almost felt bad for Grim. Almost.

"Oh, you've nothing to worry about there. I certainly have no interest in having you as a pet. The collar will disappear once you're removed from campus."

Azul chuckled with a glint in his eyes.

"Ha-HA! Good show as always, Riddle. You're signature spell locks down any magic. It's quite handy," Azul slyly complimented the red haired boy, Riddle. "I've just GOT to have it-ah, I mean, I've just got to have respect for it."

"(Y/n)! Was I not clear that you are expected to take responsibility for your familiar?" Crowley began to scold the demon, not letting them get a word in. "Now discipline your-What's that?! It isn't yours?"

Finally able to be heard, (Y/n) let their frustration out by shouting at the birdman.

"I've told you repeatedly that it isn't mine!" Their voice echoed through the room, causing many to cover their ears and everyone to flinch.

"O-oh... Is that s-so?" Clearing his throat, Crowley composed himself but (Y/n) could see the shaking of his hands, they felt a twisted satisfaction. "T-then I shall have i-it expelled from campus. I shall even spare it from being served as dinner. My, but I AM kind. ...Someone take this away, please."

"Nooooo! Let me gooooo! You fools better remember my name!" Grim began to desperately struggle against the people holding him, his voice still hears as he was dragged away. "Cause I'm gonna go down in the annals of magic history! Just you wait!"

"I wonder why he was so desperate to stay here?" (Y/n) mumbled to themself. They ignored what Crowley was saying as they stared after the flaming weasel. Grim's cries tugged at something inside them.

"...Hm? Come to think of it, I don't see Housewarden Draconia of House Diasomnia anywhere," (Y/n) was quick to guess this was the end of Crowley's rant.

"And that suprise you? Dude's a total recluse," The lion boy said. Kamil's voice piped up with a question.

"Wait a sec... Did anyone invite him?"

"If you're that worried about him missing out, maybe you should have told him yourself." The handsome boy's words caused a look of guilt to stain Kalim's face.

"Maybe, but I don't know him too well either..."

The upset look on Kalim's face made (Y/n) feel sad. Before they could go over to the boy, (Y/n) was distracted by the other students whispers.

"Draconia... Like, Malleus Draconia? THAT Draconia?"

"So it's true? He really does go to school here?"

"Yikes."

(Y/n) felt bad for this 'Malleus' person, the way he was spoken of reminded them of Satan and Belphie. Satan, because of how people try to avoid him and Belphie, because of the isolation from everyone despite being so close. (Y/n) felt immensely greatful to Emcee for helping mend the relationship between their twin and brothers.

"Ah. Just as I expected. I figured I'd come down and see for myself whether Malleus had made an appearance," A deep voice spoke from the crowd. The voice came from a short boy with bright 'peekaboo' highlights. "But once again, he was evidently not informed that his presence was required at an official ceremony."

As he was speaking (Y/n) saw his small fangs. 'Could he be a vampire? No... He's' "A fae..." Because (Y/n) was deep in thought they never saw the curious look from the boy.

"You have my sincerest apologies. I assure you, this oversight was in no way intended as a snub," Azul's apology almost sounded scripted.

"I mean, you must admit, he's not exactly the easiest person to strike up a conversation with," Riddle chimed in, the boy sighed.

"No matter." He turned to the students behind him, "All who were assigned to House Diasomnia, follow me. I just hope he doesn't sulk about this..."

~

Everyone had slowly trickled out of the room until it was just Crowley and (Y/n).

"Well, (Y/n). This is a most unfortunate turn of events. I'm afraid that you will not be attending Night Raven College after all," The bird man apologised before justifying himself, "Surely you realise that I cannot very well admit a student with no magical ability to my academy."

"But worry not. The Dark Mirror will see you safely home. Now, step up into the gate, and visualise the place from whence you came." He gestured to the mirror.

"What a long dream this was. I can't wait to tell Belphie." (Y/n) let out a tired sigh.

"O Dark Mirror! Return this soul to where it belongs!"

"......"

Crowley cleared his throat, looking embarrassed.

"L-let us, er...try this again. O Dark Mirror! Return this soul-"

"There is no such place."

(Y/n) felt as though something inside them cracked. How was this possible? The Devildom was real. The House of Lamentation was real. (Y/n) and their brothers were real. Barbatos, Solomon, Diavolo and the others. R. A. D., Purgatory Hall, Hell's kitchen, Majolish, all of it! They were all real!

(Y/n) was barely holding their emotions together and just wanted their brothers. They caught the last part of what Crowley saying.

"-ess that I am at something of a loss. Tell me: From what land do you hail?"

"...Sure. I'm from the Devildom.."

"I'm afraid I am not familiar with such a place. I am intimately acquainted with the origins of every student who has ever come here, and yet..." He rubbed his chin as he spoke. "This mysterious homeland of yours eludes me. Let us go to the library and look it up, shall we?"

Together they left towards the library, (Y/n) could feel the gnawing hunger in their stomach grow stronger.

"I'm hungry..."