01.

"What can I say, magic"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"What can I say, magic"

‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿︵‿︵︵‿︵‿

Halicora woke early in the morning with a yawn she rolled out of her bed, the sage green duvet fell in a mess by her feet. Dreams plaguing her mind as she was unable to disconcert if they were future set-in stone or simply her imagination on a creative spree.

She definitely needed a soothing cup of tea and perhaps some mediation before a headache emerged.

She dreamed often yet unlike last night, they would be clear and peaceful. Last nights was a simple jumble of partial names being whispered, the sounds of crying and yelling mixed in with loving words before it became pure silence and she had found her own brown eyes staring into a sad pair of green eyes. The emotions she had seen reminded her of her old life, the life she lived before she became Halicora "maiden of the sea" as they called her.

She had gained the name as she travelled from village to village, and she kept it seeing it fitting as her goddesses had given her a second chance when she stood surrounded by the sea that had intended to destroy her.

The eyes she stared into had scared her, she was unsure if it was become, they held a future she could not see or a past that she had left behind. It was not a strong fear but one she knew would linger in the back of her mind. A fear that would stay with her for a very long time.

Moving from her bed she pulled open the lacey curtains her heart settling as she looked over the lush greenery of her garden, her sanctuary. Slipping her feet into the slippers that sat by her bed she made her way to the kitchen, keeping her footsteps light as not to wake Ginger or any other animals that had taken up refuge overnight.

Retrieving her kettle from the shelf she filled it with water, placing it onto her old-fashioned stove to boil. Sorting through her vast teacup collection – around seventy or so, Halicora settle on one of her favourites for the morning. A beautiful porcelain cup decorated with a delicate reoccurring flower pattern. A gift she had received from one of her most treasured friends in the 17th century.

Placing it onto the matching saucer she shuffled through her various tea collection, settling on her homemade rose tea, wonderful for calming a jumbled mind. A small squeak behind her alerted her that Ginger had ambled into the room. Turning she gently scooped her up and gave her a light kiss on the forehead. A routine they had established many years ago.

Placing her onto the counter she moved to the sky-blue fridge, "what fruit would you like today my darling?" A squeak in reply caused her to reach into the fridge pulling out an apple. Washing it under the sink she set it onto a cutting board chopping it into even pieces.

Settling a piece in front of Ginger she popped one into her mouth as well. "Just a small breakfast today, we are going out later. School starts soon and I need a few things" No reply came this time as Ginger was far to busy eat her acquired snack.