Chapter One

Lucy (・Д・)ノ

"You promise?" I asked. I felt something warm fall from my eyes. He stood up. "I promise.. Lucy." And he ran. Then again, everything I remember seemed like a dream.
_________
"Lu-Chan? Luu-Chaan!" Levy said as she waved her hand in my face. "Levy-Chan.. I was daydreaming again.. Wasn't I?" I asked. She nodded. "Mira's gonna be a little upset. You know how it is on holidays, Lu-Chan." Levy said to me. "I know, don't worry. I'll get to work. Oh.. By the way, what's today again?" I asked a little embarrassed. I chuckled. She gave me a 'Really?' Face. Levy sighed and pointed at the calendar. "Oh. It's Friday!" I said happy. Levy grabbed me and put me closer to the calendar. "Oh. It's Monday." I said with the tone everyone uses for "Monday". I groan. "Lu-Chan, you've been sleeping for the past two days, do something to help at least, I've been covering you!" Levy said. The she suddenly snickered. "Plus, I think you should fix the buttons on your uniform." She points to my buttons popping one by one. Crap, I ate too much sweets again.

Anyway.. My name is Lucy Heartfilia. I work at 'MiraJane's "Match(Maker)" Cafe'. I'm a high school student at 'Fairy Tail High'. And I prefer being your average blonde. The girl, Levy, she goes to the same school and works at the same job as me. And she's my best friend. She's blue-haired and totally smart.

"Come on Lu-Chan, we're gonna get in trouble if we don't." Levy said. I shivered. Last time we got in trouble was when we accidentally left the coffee machine running and the oven too. I know, that's a stupid ass thing to do. But things happened and yeah. Mira, a.k.a. The She-Devil.. That day will haunt me for the rest of my life. I stood up and saluted "Hai!" I yelled then the last button of my uniform popped. "Actually, I think the uniform was actually small in size.." Levy said. "Did you get bigger somehow?". I looked at Levy. "I sometimes feel like you don't know what your saying." I said. "Eh??" Levy said puzzled. "Whatever, I'm just gonna go get a spare uniform. Be right back." I said and went out the employee lounge.

"Lucy-Nee?" Wendy said. Wendy assists around the cafe, she's in middle school. "Yeah?" I asked. "Did you already notice that your buttons from your uniform is go-" I cut her off. "Yep, that's why I'm getting the spare uniform.". "Oh." Wendy said. Then she went and got me the spare. "I made sure it was a little bigger from your old one." Wendy said and handed me the uniform. But why is everyone giving the impression that I got bigger.. Actually, I don't even remember eating too much sweets even! I took the uniform and thanked Wendy and went and put it on.

"Yosh! Time to work!" I said. "Work hard!" Levy cheered me on. I went out of the lounge and started working. A Pink-haired guy came in with a raven-haired guy. They sat down. I went to their table. "Welcome to MiraJane Match Cafe! What would you like to order?" I said with a smile. "Oh, Lucy." A familiar voice said. I stop smiling. "H-Huh?". "Lucy, it's been a long time!" The Pink-Haired guy said. "Natsu..." I said slowly, and shocked. Natsu just smiled at me. And that's where it started.