24. He's finally honest

Aera's pov

Giggling and smiling widely we make our way out of the elevator and towards our apartment. Reaching the door , Sunghoon takes out the key opening the door wide and stepping aside before saying like a gentleman "ladies first" he points his hand at the door , making me chuckle and mouth a thank you.

As soon as i step inside and take off my shoes to go to my room , i feel the floor slipping beneath my feet. Everyone is gathered in the living room , and a tense atmosphere creates once everyone notices my presence and look at the particular person sitting on the couch.

Sim jake.

"We're home-" Sunghoon who comes a little later is dumbfounded himself looking at jake sitting with everyone. "Jake...." His voice ice-cold.

"Sunghoon" jake's voice heavy as he gets up and walks towards us. I dont know what to do , like seeing him infront of me , sitting with everyone like the old days , the feeling of nostalgia yet fear engulfs me. Sunghoon immediately stands infront of me as a shield and says "talk to me instead" his cold voice making everyone shudder in the room.

"I-it's ok Sunghoon, let him talk" i grab his arm and he looks at me with a worried expression. "Are you sure?" I give him a reassuring smile and he smiles back.

"Lets talk somewhere private..." i say to jake and he instantly nods. I take him to the balcony and everyone willingly , give us space.

'I guess.... There's no more running away from the truth..."

_____

Jake's pov

Both leaning on the railing , Theres a moment of silence before aera speaks "so how have you been?" She stares at the city lights infront of her while i stand shocked beside her , not expecting such a question from her. What's more surprising is that she has kept her cool and is not yelling or mad at me being here.

"F-fine...." Sh*t , just why did i had to stutter. "Good to know" she calmly replies and i ask her the same question. "What about you?" I regret asking the question since i know how much pain i put her through and now that she's finally happy with someone else i come back in her life again.

"I guess i've been fine as well" she looks at me giving me the sweet smile she always used to give me but her eyes..... they lost the spark they once used to carry with me.

'I guess , you decided to move on from me choi aera....'

"How and why did you make a visit today? How was Meeting everyone after 3 years? And mostly how did you find where i live" she stares at me looking for answers and i sigh , looking infront of me again. "I thought now that you found out i'm back and already got to know what i'm up to , i needed to finish what i left behind"

I look at her who is attentively listening to me " yes meeting everyone after 3 years wasn't so bad , they were mad at me at first but when I explained everything they understood and decided to forgive me , so im thankful for that and also...." I hesitate to say the next words but she assures me that it's fine "they want me to stay here with them , they wont stop me from what im doing"

She doesnt answer and just nods . I guess she's sort of okay but uncomfortable with me staying here. " and about finding this place , i have a few connections so it was easy to find this place" liar , after protecting her while living in shadows in another country , i knew where she lived and what she was doing and to know whoever she was meeting.