What do you think you are trying to do

I didn't hear from Joe that night and to be honest it felt weird, since he has facetimed me every night since that first night. It also we a relief in the same"

 aspect, he keeps wanting me to go file an order of protection against Brian, and I can't do that. Brian never came back home, so hopefully he went somewhere to cool down, or maybe to one of his other girl's houses. To be totally transparent I could care less either way as long as he isn't here. I know he will be back I be stupid if I thought otherwise, it's not me I worry about. Ill handle my own, its Lakelynn. I don't want her to see or be in the middle of what I'm sure will be me getting another beating. All I know is as my alarm on my phone is going off, it's time to start getting back to normal and put the last couple of days past me. 

I looked at the clock 8am, I groaned as I sat up, my body still sore from Brian. I have to get Lakelynn Ready and off to school, then I need to figure out the Brian situation. After school its two hours of dance, after all said and done, I won't have a minute of downtime till my head hits the pillow tonight.

I walked into the bathroom switching on the light. I just looked at myself in the mirror for a second at all the bruises and cuts that covered my face and body. Joe was right that this can't continue, it should have never started to begin with. he just doesn't get that I have a child with Brian and that is something that ties us for life no matter what either of us do. To be honest I thought about taking Lakelynn and running but how do I leave Crystal and Lux, my parents and Lakelynn has all her friends. Plus, where would I go? I can't go to Crystal's I can't bring that kind of drama to my parents do I just tough it out. 

I just sighed and quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth just needing to shove everything down and get on with my life. I tossed my robe on I don't want Lakelynn to see my body all bruised up from her father. I quietly walked down the call and opened her bedroom door. I just stood for a second watching her laying there so peacefully asleep holding her bear against her well she slept with a soft smile on her face. She is so innocent, so sweet I don't know how to make it where I don't turn her life upside down with the Brian situation.

I pushed off the doorframe and walked over sitting next to her on the bed, rubbing her back as I whisper,

"Lake...Lakey wake up baby girl...."

She stirred before sitting up, her hair sticking up everywhere and I couldn't help but smile.

"Lakey baby time to get up for school."

"Ok mommy"

"Go put your clothes on that are over there on your chair and come downstairs, I'll meet you there for breakfast."

She leapt from the bed hugging me before I headed down to get her breakfast. 

It was an hour later, and Lakelynn was at school, her I sit bouncing what to do about the situation with Brian. My phone beeping pulled me from my thoughts. I placed my coffee mug to the coffee table and grabbed me phone, it was a text from Joe.

Joe: Morning Sweetie, sorry I couldn't FaceTime you last night, the interview ran over then I had a meeting with the guys, were in talks for another album. I hope you're ok, text me back <3 

Part of me wanted to answer the other part doesn't know if I want the stress of any of it. Who am I kidding, I'm going to text him back.

Phoenix: Hey, I'm fine he never came home

Joe: Good, so you and your daughter are safe

Phoenix: Yes