Chapter 5

(Sorry for the long wait! Took me two hours to make this chapter!)

In a building stood Momonga, Gazef, [Y/N], and Salem, and along with some soldiers. Gazef was peeping to see who was out there. To not his surprise it was his enemies.

Gazef’s Soldier:  “They've surrounded the village in equally spaced intervals.”

[Y/N] peeped and looked as well to see who they were talking about. He looked at the enemies and saw that they were spaced out, just as the soldier said.

[Y/N]: “Yeah. They have this all planned out and shit. Though to me, to be honest.. they don't look that strong. Ains. I can just go and wipe them out right now, if you'd like.”

Ains: “I'm not sending you to your death, [Y/N].  If anything I want to know more about these people that are surrounding us. Gazef. Mind telling us who these people are?”

Gazef: “Only the Slane Theocracy could send out this many magic casters at once and they're part of the special ops unit directly under the head priest. It must be one of the six scriptures.”

[Y/N]: “So, the Priest's obedient Lap dogs. Got it.”

Gazef smiled.

Gazef: “You have a way with words, [Y/N]. You don't seem to have a filter.”

[Y/N]: “Because I do what I want and talk how I want. It's that simple really. Now continue.”

Ains: “They, the ones who attacked earlier…”

Gazef: “They were dressed as soldiers from The empire but it looks like they were actually from the Slane Theocracy.”

[Y/N]: “As expected. Tell us. Does the village hold that much value? What does the Slane Theocracy gain from Slaughtering these civilians?”

Ains: “I was going to ask the same thing.”

Gazef: “If you both don't know the reason as to why this village was attacked then there is only one reason they are attacking this place.”

[Y/N] Chuckled

[Y/N]: “Looks like you're hated. By a lot. Makes me wonder — what have you done to get on their bad side, hm?”

Gazef: “Heh. It's quite the problem. To think the Slane Theocracy is after me.”

Ainz: ‘Isn’t that the Archangel Flame, Right? Why is a monster from Yggdrasil here?’

Gazef: “Sir Gown and Sir [Y/N]. I would like to hire you two if possible. I will be sure to reward you both as you wish.”

Salem Tch'd.

Ainz: “We decline.”

Gazef: “I see. Then please take care, the both of you. I know this is selfish but please protect them once more. I beg —”

[Y/N]: “Wait a minute. You don't have to go that far as to beg. We will protect the villagers. It'll be a piece of cake. Though I still want to fight these people. Ainz…?”

Ainz: “Not yet…”

Gazef: “I thank you.  Now I must focus on the enemy Infront of me!”

Ainz: “Take this.”

Ainz gave Gazef a “gift.” 

Gazef: “A gift from one such as you? I will accept it gratefully.”

[Y/N] was silent.

Gazef: “Goodbye.”

Ainz: “I wish you luck in battle.”