19. HINOKAMI

19. Hinokami.

" Huh ? Hinokami ? Like the god of fire ?" Masachika asked as he turned to look at all the people, his gaze questioning.

" I think so but that doesn't make sense here. But then again, most things here don't." Shinobu said as she sighed audibly.

" I think we should quickly dive into the episode. I am quite worried for Tanjiro." Oyakata said, as he encouraged everyone to pay attention to the screen.

" I couldn't agree more." Amane said, softly, praying for Tanjiro internally.

' I hope my brother cuts through the threads and defeats that demon.' Nezuko thought, as she stared at the screen that lit up.

' Hinokami ? Is he the same god, father dedicated the Kagura dance to ? Let's leave it for later. I just hope I can cut through the threads. With my sword broken, I do not think this fight will be any easy on me.' Tanjiro thought, fidgeting his fingers in anxiety.

It took off from where it left off. The thread caused Tanjiro's sword to break. His gaze grew wide, and he shifted slightly to the side. A string of blood flew from his face as a result of the thread cutting it. Tanjiro stumbled to the ground, moaned in agony. He examined his shattered sword.

' I was not able to cut through the threads ? How strong are they ?' Tanjiro thought, in shock and distress.

" Thank god, you dodged it." Kanae said, as she sighed in relief the breath she had unconsciously held.

" But his sword ?" Kanroji said, visibly worried at the state of the sword.

" How will he fight without the sword ? And that to the most probable lower moon 5?" Genya asked, a little worried for the fellow demon slayer.

' He is just fuelling my worry with all those scenarios.' Nezuko thought.

No way. My sword! Tanjiro thought.

"The chances of you winning in this injured state with now your sword's position are slim, Tanjiro." Shinobu said, quite bluntly before getting reprimanded on the same by Kanae.

" Don't demotivate him, Shinobu. The boy still has chances."

"Tanjiro, your sword is broken. I suggest you should get out of here." Zenitsu said, as he patted Tanjiro's back.

" No." Tanjiro simply replied, his voice was anxious yet determined.

Standing unsteadily, Tanjiro took up his shattered sword. Rui appeared cool but irritated. Red flooded the screen, followed by white. displaying the title. The parent spider was visible after the dark mountain. He was falling apart fast.

" The title displayed on the weird design backgrounds is a little weird this time." Makomo said, paying attention to the screen.

" How so ?" Aoi asked, a little confused. It was probably the same as last time.

" They go red and then white. That is different from all the previous screenings of the same." Makomo tried to clarify by explaining herself better.

" That is quite an observation but I think it is only due to the effects added by Creator San or maybe to enhance the backgrounds." Sabito said, keeping his fingers on his chin in a thoughtful manner.

" I still wonder what Hinokami means." Hinatsuru asked loudly.

" I think I know." Tanjiro mumbled as he raised his hand to gain everyone's attention and he continued, " I think it refers to the God of Fire my family from generations dedicated the Kagura dance to."