III

I'm standing in the middle of the living room. None of the boys really noticed me, apart from my brother.

They actually checked into a suit. It looks beautiful and luxurious, everything in this room is unique. The view, which you can see clearly through the wall of windows, is breathtaking.

At night, when the lights on every building glow, Las Vegas is even more beautiful than during the day.

My eyes are still burning from all the crying. I'm disappointed, very disappointed in fact, somehow I never expected him to do that, I've actually always considered him to be very loyal, but today's event means I can't expect that anymore.

"Evie?" A tap on the shoulder makes me jump and turn to the male voice. Phil stands right in front of me and looks at me with pity. I can't blame him because I know he doesn't mean any harm, but when you're constantly being looked at like that, it doesn't really help.

His eyes are big and are reminiscent of a small puppy that hasn't received any attention from its owner for a few minutes.

"Is everything okay?" He extends his hands towards me to tell me it's okay if I hug him now, so I do just that.

I briefly suppress the tears that are coming up again and take the last step towards the man, who is definitely two heads taller. I stand on my tiptoes and wrap both my arms around his neck and press myself against his body.

I haven't given him an answer, I don't feel like telling him what all happened, so I bury my face in the crook of his neck and just shake my head.

His hand runs soothingly up and down my back and with the other he holds the back of my head and strokes my hair.

Phil and I have always had a good relationship, from the day my brother introduced me to his friends, I immediately hit it off with him. Since that day I've been to what feels like every meeting, but I still didn't talk, I preferred to just sit there and listen to them.

I have rarely felt as exhausted as I did at that moment, but suddenly everything came over me. The hour-long drive to Vegas and then Trevor. He's seemed strange to me lately, he rarely replied to me and when he did write to me, it was always just short answers. He's lost interest in me, I'm sure.

But that's exactly why I wanted to meet him in Vegas, just switch off from everything, have fun and just concentrate on ourselves. But I can forget that now.

"Do you want to talk about it?" With ease, Phil gently pushes my body out of his way, his hands cupping my cheeks. He gently strokes my face with one thumb, probably wiping away a tear.

You can only love him... I think to myself.

I shook my head, I didn't feel like talking about it, not now. Instead, I nestle even more into his warm, rough hands. I didn't care that he saw me so fragile, I knew I was safe with him for this moment.

He's still wearing the same light blue shirt, a few buttons undone. The shirt has a few wrinkles and is a bit larger, but it still hugs his upper body. Phil has always had something attractive about him that makes you not want to look at him.

He looked almost perfect.

"Evie?" A twitch runs through my body and I turn to the voice. My brother is standing just a few meters away from me and his best friend. "I just wanted to ask if you would like to come with us or if you would rather rest."

To be honest, I don't even know what the boys have planned for tonight, definitely something. I also don't know if it's the best idea if I just hole up in a room, watch a movie and permanently skip room service.