Still Your Best pt. 2

Nicki stood by her balcony taking in the beauty of lake como on the bright morning. The sun reflected beautifully off the small blue waves, setting the tone for the day perfectly. Today her best friend was getting married and to say she was excited would be an understatement.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a light knock at her door and she instantly knew who it was. Walking over to the door she opened it revealing the bride herself who wore a pair of cotton shorts and an oversized t-shirt. "Happy Wedding Day," Nicki said to her with a smile, and walking over to the two coffees she'd picked up earlier that morning on her walk, handing one to her friend who clearly needed it.

"I heard caffeine isn't good when you're nervous," Linda said as they took a seat on the balcony. "This view is so beautiful,"

"It really is," Nicki replied, taking a moment before returning to what her friend had said. "What are you nervous about?" she asked and Linda sighed.

"I don't know, maybe it's excitement. I just got that feeling you know," she said and Nicki nodded. "But it'll be fine,"

"It will be. I'm here to make sure of it," she said, giving her a playful salute causing them to share a laugh. "It's crazy that you're still nervous though, you've been his wife for a week now,"

"I know, but today is slightly different. Like I have to stand in front of all of our favourite people and make that all important promise in my own words," she explained. "And I understand it doesn't really change anything for us but it just holds a little more weight you know,"

Nicki nodded. "I'm sure you'll be just fine. You think he's nervous too?" she asked and Linda gave her a small smile.

"I don't know you know. I'm definitely the one that does all the worrying in our relationship so I think he'll be alright,"

"I remember the day he proposed and how excited we both were for this moment right here and it's finally come around," she said and Linda agreed. "And now we're already thinking what's next,"

"And I'd rather we didn't because we both know what that is?" she said, giving her friend a side eye.

"I think I'd make a great godmommy,"

"And I think that we agreed we'd have babies together so until you're carrying, I won't be either," she said and Nicki gave her an eyeroll.

"Whatever." They paused for a moment just enjoying the short silence and serenity of the moment. "When are they starting hair and makeup?"

"They've already started. Told Grace to message me when they're ready for you and I'll be last,"

"Oh to be a lady, hey," she said with a sigh and Linda chuckled.

"You say that but I heard Bri and Jordan are working overtime in the mens suite. Jord gotta get through 6 haircuts including his own," she explained and they chuckled.

"At least they'll all look good," she said with a shrug, can't be the only ones making in an effort,"

"Agreed..."

-

Standing at the end of the aisle Nicki took a deep breath as she started her walk with a bouquet of flowers in her hands and small smile playing on her face as she took the attention of the guests for the short moment, The strings were playing a delicate tune that served as the soundtrack of the moment and set the tone for the day perfectly. Looking over at the groomsmen she caught him staring at her forcing her to quickly redirect her gaze and focus on the scenery in front of her, admiring the view. She took her place next to the other bridesmaid and smiled at Jabari who was clearly more nervous than they'd thought.