Chapter Sixty Eight - Love You To The Moon And To Saturn

☼ Sunny ☼

Spence keeps looking at me from across the room with those adorable puppy dog eyes while he pouts. I definitely left him high and dry in the back of the SUV which was way harder to do then I thought possible but I'm a competitive woman and the moment he said he wasn't going to let me win this match we've created it was on. Mark my words, he was going to cave before me.

I'm sitting with Rossi, JJ, and Emily going through the plethora of fan mail that Rodney Garrett has received during his stint in prison. It reminded me of all the fan mail I got after news broke about my parents.

"This new guy's hunting in a different neighborhood." Childers says looking at one of our boards behind me filled with maps and photos of our victims.

"He must be comfortable in the area. He knew the victims routines." Derek suggests next to Spence. I'm slightly disappointed that I'm not the one sitting next to him. I hate being far away from him, even in the same room. God I'm so clingy.

"His method of ingress and egress is quiet and unnoticable." JJ says but I'm not paying much attention because the typed letter I'm currently reading is making my silent alarms go off.

"Holy smokes. Get a load of this one." I state turning around in my seat to face the others. "Dear Mr. Garrett, it took a lot of courage to do what you did. Most people are cowards and don't do what they feel inside them. You are an inspiration and I applaud you." I fold up the paper turning back around to roll my eyes. "I applaud you." I mutter to myself.

"These are supposed to be the non-wacko letters." Rossi informs us.

"Joy can't wait to see what the wacko letters bring." I roll my eyes again grabbing another letter from the box.

A beep sounds from the computer before Pen's voice graces my ears. "Hey, guess what. Sunny's genius has struck again. That hunch about the hair. I'm sending you an ATM image of Cara Smith. She's the first victim. This was taken 10 hours before her murder. Check it."

Childers moves closer towards the computer in front of Derek. "The unsub cut her hair, too." He says.

"You know, there could be a sexual element involved. Trichophilia is a fetish where one becomes aroused by the removal of hair." Spence says leaning back in his chair as he explains.

"Is there a philia for being aroused by someone who rambles out facts all day? Because I"m definitely in that category." I freeze afraid to look at Hotch once I realized what just spilled out of my mouth involuntarily.

"Finnegan please keep your thoughts to yourself." Hotch blows out a frustrated sigh apologizing to Childers for my behavior. I sneak a peek towards Spence who was trying his hardest not to grin but failing miserably at it.

"Well, either way, it's starting to look less like a copycat...." Derek starts to get us back on track, giving me a subtly wink. "The unsub's deviating too much from Garrett's MO. Garrett never took trophies."

Spence keeps trying to force his smile away while he speaks up, "He's also choosing low-risk victims. Garrett stayed with high-risk targets...prostitutes, runaways."

"Garrett also got sloppy and left behind clues that eventually nailed him...this guy is careful and meticulous." I add, glancing a look at Hotch's scowl. He's definitely not happy with me right now. He should really give me a break....I'm literally a week and half away from my wedding.

"He's not that careful." Childers states confidently. "He leaves doors open, teapots boiling."

"I think it's intentional." Hotch says gaining the detectives attention as he turns to look at him slightly surprised. "He wants the bodies found so we know when and where he's killing."