Chapter 36

Previously on Chapter 35

"Oh, is that so? All right. Until next time, then, pretty lady..." he said. He turns around and walks away. He heads to the ocean to start surfing again. I close my eyes and let out a sigh. I lift my hand, staring at the spot he had kissed earlier. I did not expect him to do that. Why'd he do that in the first place anyway? Ugh... whatever.

-Unexpected Talent-

Y/N P.O.V

Kidou have provoked Tsunami. Which resulted in him agreeing to play soccer with us. I had to sit back for him to be able to play, since we already have enough players. Aside from that, my body still feels a little fatigue from the match with Epsilon. Our little practice earlier prove that I'm not fit enough for this little match with Tsunami.

Tsunami seems to struggle to steal a ball. But when the ball is mid-air, he's able to catch it with ease. I wonder what's on Kidou's mind. Why did he provoked Tsunami into agreeing to play with us? Could it be that he sees something in Tsunami that the rest of us failed to see?

My eyes widen when I watch Tsunami suddenly looked like he's riding a wave. He shoots it towards Endou. He seems to struggle to stop the shoot. My eyes widen when the shoot breaks through Endou's technique. He lands on the sand, staring at his hand with a look of disbelief on his face. What a strong shoot.

"Wow... it's much easier than I thought. Maybe I'm a genius" Tsunami said, boasting himself with pride. I just smile at what he said. He's pretty good for someone who never played soccer. If he takes soccer seriously, maybe he'd be even better than the rest of us.

***

Tsunami takes us to his house, allowing us to spend the night there. We're gathering inside it. I claim my spot in between Fubuki and Kidou. I hug my knees to try and keep warm. I forgot how cold the beaches can be.

I turn my head to look at the entrance and let out a loud shriek, startling the others. "What? What's wrong, L/N?" Kidou asked, worriedly. I point at the door, too shocked to say a word. He and the others turns their heads to see a fish's eyes staring back. Which makes everyone jumps in surprise.

"Sorry... did I scare you?" Tsunami said, moving aside the huge swordfish. "I wanted you guys to try this so I caught it" he said, grinning at us. I let out a sigh as I gently hit my face. How many times is he going to scare us in one day? We barely know each other and he's already scaring us quite a lot.

Tsunami prepared the sashimi for us. I grab a pair of chopstick and pick up a slice. I place it in my mouth. I close my eyes as I chew it slowly. My eyes snap open at the flavorful taste.

"Wow... it's so good! It doesn't taste fishy at all. It tastes SO fresh!" I said, excitedly. I turn to look at Tsunami to see him staring at me. I give him a close-eyed smile. "I appreciate the meal, Tsunami... thank you. It's delicious. Probably the best sashimi I've ever had so far!" I said.

I hear a squeak. I open my eyes to look at Tsunami to see him fanning his face with his hands. Both of his cheeks have turned red. I stare at him in confusion. Why'd he react like that?

"By the way, Tsunami..." Endou said. Tsunami turn his head to look at him. "Is your school around here?" He asked.

"Ah, no... I only come here to surf. My school is at Okinawa..." he said, with a grin on his face. I hum softly as I lift a cup to drink after chewing so much. I place it down and turn to look at him.

"How old are you, by the way?" I asked. He turned his head to look at me. The others seem to be curious about his age as well, because they've stopped what they're doing to listen.

"I'm 15..." be said. My eyes widen when he told us his age. The others also seem stunned by the sudden reveal of his age. If he's 15 years old... then that means he's an upperclassman.

Endou starts apologizing rapidly. But Tsunami said he didn't mind. He told us to treat him like we did before knowing his age. He seems to be like an easy-going kind of guy. Well, that makes sense, considering his hobby is surfing. Like the ocean, there's a sense of freedom in him. What an interesting guy.

The Next Day

I wave at Tsunami as we leave on the ship. He waves at us, making me smile softly. I lean myself on the fence as I enjoy the breeze. Today's heat feels a little bearable compare to yesterday. Maybe we're getting used to the heat.

"Finally, Okinawa... here we come!" I cheered, throwing my arms in the air. My upbeat attitude makes the others grin. I turn my head to look at the distance, placing my chin on my arms that are resting on the fence. "A Flame Striker, huh? Could it possibly be you? Gouenji..." I said, staring into the distance with a hopeful gaze. I sure hope it is Gouenji, with his strength... we'd have hope to win against Epsilon.

***

We finally reached Okinawa. There's no much clue about the Flame Striker's identity. So we don't know exactly how to look for the person. In other words, we've met a dead end and have no choice but to split up in hopes to be able to find more clue about the Flame Striker.

"L/N... search with me, yeah?" Kidou said. I turn my head to look at him. He crosses his arms across his chest. "The last time you went off on your own, Desarm had you in his grasp. It's a good thing that Endou came. Who knows what'll happen now. So I'd rather not risk that" he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head, knowing I can't argue with him with that. He was right. If Desarm feels the need to take me, he would have. If that happened, I wouldn't have stands a chance against him.

He smiles at me and gestures me to come with him. I turn to look at the others. They stare at the two of us with a frown. I let out a sigh, knowing they're jealous that I'm going with Kidou.

"I'll see you guys soon, yeah?" I said, smiling softly at them. They blink their eyes at me and smiles, nodding their heads. I turn around. "Hey! Don't go ahead of me! That's so rude!" I said. He let out a laugh as he waits for me to catch up. I stand next to him.

I turn to look at the others, waving at them with a smile on their faces. I turn my body forward and walks away with Kidou to search for something that'll lead us to the Flame Striker. I truly hope it's Gouenji.

*to be continued*