20 | Precautions

Narrator: "Divided by war, in an effort to end the Galactic conflict, the first ever sanctioned meeting between the Republic and the Separatists will be held. And Mandalore is chosen as neutral ground for these precarious meetings. Tensions run high as many hold hope for these important negotiations."

💫

"Sent to Mandalore, Padawan Tano has been, to accompany Senator Amidala on these negotiations with the Separatists" Yoda's unique, wise voice woven with hopeful charm resonated with all present in the council meeting. Some attended in static, blue form, having been sent to the far, backwater reaches of the galaxy, and others sat present in person. Heads of the various esteemed members nodded in agreement to the plan spoke of, their frames decorated by the orange, evening crepuscular.

The topic of her home system caused her bionic finger to tap rhythmically on the arm rest of the cushioned seat, stealing her attention away from the sunset that was begging like a child to be admired. Concern was always present in her mind when Mandalore was involved. Anything, one single misstep, could lead to conflict with her people, or worse. Dakota looked between the countenances of the Jedi that encircled her.

Mace Windu, formidable and enigmatic as ever, sat a few chairs away from her, next to Yoda. A man with a blatant reflection of Jedi principles, and who never fails to exhibit strict adherence to the Order. He sat with a commanding presence, and Dakota adjusted in her seat in hopes of holding the same effect.

"I have faith that this meeting will be the first step towards political peace." Plo Koon nodded, his hands forming a triangle in front of his filtered mask. "I certainly look forward to hearing Padawan Tano's progress."

A chorus of agreeing mumbles sounded.

"Belkadan is now fully under Republic control," Master Kit Fisto chimed in, he referenced his green hand over to Dakota who sat next to him. His Nautolan frame hummed blue, a side effect of his holographic appearance. "Since the initial siege led by the 501st, my forces were able to follow through and gain control of the remainder of the system. I shall have more updates by dawn."

Another wave of nods. Dakota wondered if things would get more exciting than this, because at the moment, a mere stratus cloud had consumed her attention.

"Speaking of updates, do we have anything regarding the Sith brothers? Maul and Savage?" Mace questioned, looking directly at Obi-Wan.

"No," he responded, shaking his head and rubbing his beard. "When those two fled Florrum, they once again dropped off the face of the galaxy. I have sources throughout the outer rim keeping tabs, and are ready to provide us with intel if they're spotted."

"Until we know how to best deal with them, I say we refrain from sending Jedi to where they've been spotted. Master's Kenobi and Ky are the only Jedi to ever return from an exchange with them, everyone else has been killed." Ki Adi Mundi pointed out.

At the mention of her name, she returned her full attention back to the meeting. At the cost of losing a visual on the sunset. Coruscant never failed to deliver stunning pieces of natural artwork, painted by the makers themselves.

"That may be best." Mace agreed, then probed the entire gathering of Masters. "All in favor of Master Mundi's suggestion?"

A majority of hands went up in the circle, including Dakota's, but as it raised halfway, she curled her fingers into her palm. Master Yoda noticed the restraint. "Hesitant, on this decision, are you? Master Ky?"