PROLOGUE

In the pouring rain, Kingston stood at my front door, his clothes drenched and a bouquet of roses in his hands.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, letting him into my apartment.

"To say I'm sorry," he said.

I've been in many arguments with exes, but with Kingston, it was different. He never raised his voice at me, even when he was in the wrong. He talks to me in the softest of voices.

"And you think sorry, just magically fix things?" I asked, walking away to grab a towel from my room. When I returned with the towel, Kingston took it, drying his head. I remember his clothes in the second drawer in the bedroom. "Come with me."

"No, it doesn't. But Sorry means I will never make you feel like you aren't enough for me. Sorry means I should've listened to you when you told me you felt uncomfortable with her being around me. Sorry means-"

When he stepped foot into my room, I turned around, threw my arms around his neck, pulled him down to my height, and deeply kissed him, pouring my soul and insecurities into our kiss. It's been two weeks and I've forgotten how hot his body was compared to a human's. It was his warmth that I always found comfort in. Home wasn't just my tiny one-bedroom apartment with my plants, Bob and Marly. But with him, and his son Colton.

Kingston's love for me was undeniable, but my lack of self-confidence held me back from fully embracing and returning his affection. I don't trust myself enough.

In a matter of months, this man showed me that love doesn't have to be a struggle, it could be the softest thing on earth with the right person and he was the right person.

I was crying full-on sobbing now. Pressing me against his damp body, Kingston softly placed his lips on my forehead.

"I should be the one that's sorry," I said. My words came out shaky. "You've given me more than I could ask for in this relationship."

"You're my mate." He quietly whispered. "It's my job to give you everything you ever desire from love. The days apart from you have been hell for me. You have no idea, Juliet. I couldn't keep myself away from you another day."

A/N

I have a little idea of how I want the story to go. So I can't wait to get started on this book. 

This book is slightly a slow burn. Meaning My Alpha isn't going to claim his mate right away. Things will slowly build up to that.