Night Raven College

Trigger Warnings: Blood, graphic depictions of injuries, swearing, attempted murder and violence. All these warnings are there in the Flashback (which is italicized) so please skip if it makes you uncomfortable.

Disclaimer: Twisted Wonderland is not owned by me and solely belongs to Disney and Aniplex. The storyline and character art is done by Yana Toboso and the creative team. Only the OC is made up by me and this book is purely for entertainment purpose only. It will follow the game's storyline but expect some canon divergence.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

"This is Night Raven College, the most prestigious educational institution in Sage's Island, if not the whole world." They were passing by the courtyard as the man continued explaining while she listened intently, taking in every detail. Grim, who had been struggling against the ropes eventually gave up, staring ahead with a grumpy expression.

"It is an academy for students hailing from different lands with exceptional magical prowess, shaping them to be excellent arcane mages for their brighter futures."

"As for who I am..." The man halted briefly, tipping his hat in greeting with a smile. "My name is Dire Crowley, the headmaster of this school, entrusted with its care by the chairman. You may refer to me as Headmage."

She acknowledged him with a polite nod, "I see...you did mention something about students arriving through coffins-uh, gates earlier. But don't schools need some kind of an entrance exam or an interview?"

The man chuckled in amusement. "My, there's no need for that. Only those with exceptional magic are able to enroll in this school. Particularly ones chosen by the Dark Mirror that recognizes magical talent when it sees one." He continued as they currently passed through the corridors.

'So basically, as long as you have magic, you're given the OK...? Well mister, you're in for a huge load of disappointment.'

"Students who were selected eventually arrive on our campus through those gates, carried by black carriages that escort them here. I'm sure that even you must have encountered one tasked to receive you as well." He stated as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"MMPHHGHHMMPHG!!" Grim muffled, suddenly triggered by the man's words, still under the silencing spell cast upon him, which won't be wearing off any time soon.

Meanwhile, her mind unconsciously conjured up a hazy image of a dark horse navigating through the woods while pulling a carriage behind it towards a looming castle, making her nearly lose her balance.

'W-What was that? A dream? No, it felt too real. That carriage...I was actually being transported to that place...Wait how am I even seeing this happening?? I was asleep!'

Her brows knitted in confusion, anxiously biting her thumb. 'But that horse though...I feel like I've seen it before...but from where...?'

She yanked the hood of her robes, inwardly screaming in frustration. 'Ughh! This is getting nowhere!! I don't even know what's going on with me anymore! What the hell was I doing before I-'

A startled gasp escaped her lips, eyes widening when a wave of memories came rushing back with full force that her feet abruptly stopped moving.

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

Dark clouds rumbled with thunder as she darted past the trees, soaked to the bone by the pouring rain. The wet fabric of her shirt clung to her body that was littered with all kinds of wounds. A large gash ran down the side of her head, three angry slashes raked across her back and her abdomen was punctured deep, staining her shirt with dark red splotches of blood. But worst of all, there was a bullet lodged in her left shoulder that seared with pain, biting back the scream that threatened to come out of her throat.