Chapter- 20 Sneak Out!

It was 1 a.m. when Ruhi tiptoed towards Ayan's room. She was badly craving some street food and would have gone with Aarti and Kavin, but both were busy with their own jobs. One was at the hospital, while the other was sleeping, and when she tried to wake him, he scolded her for disturbing his sleep. If Kavin had been in front of her, she would have whacked him for doing that, but since he was away, she couldn't even reach him... could she? Ruhi laughed at her own silly thoughts and immediately slapped her forehead, feeling like a witch laughing alone in the corridor. Was it lack of sleep, her cravings, or had she just lost it?

Slowly, she entered Ayan's room only to find him sleeping sprawled on the bed like a starfish, with his blanket providing warmth to the floor. She sighed, went towards his bed, and shook him, yet the kid was sleeping like a dead zombie. She shook him again, this time not so gently, and Ayan whined, opening his eyes and sitting up straight...

"Subah ho gayi itni jaldi?" He asked, looking around in confusion.

Ruhi chuckled at his cuteness, the disheveled hairs with a few of them on his forehead, and that pout... he was looking like a cute little bunny.

Ruhi walked towards his wardrobe to take out normal clothes for him as he was in his pajamas, "Nahi kiddo... subah hone mein time hai but we are going somewhere isliye tu uth change kar jaldi se." she said, giving him the clothes.

Ayan frowned, "Bhaiya aur Bhaiyu kahan hai? Woh nahi ayenge?"

"Sneak out karne ka plan hai mera bhagwan ki kodh mein khelne ka.... I mean maarne ka nahi. So get up and change quickly."

The sleep flew away from Ayan's eyes, and he immediately hopped out of the bed, "We are going out... Sachhi?"

Ruhi nodded, "Kush toh aisa ho raha hai jaise tere liye ladki dekhne jaa rahe ho. Pehle kabhi bhar nahi gaya tu ghar ke?"

"Aree gaya hoon na and I have sneaked out too, it's just aapke sath sneak out kabhi nahi kiya na. Kunal batata hai mujhe how he goes out late at night with Kavin Bhai."

The sadness in his voice made Ruhi's heart ache, but she shook away her thoughts and smiled, "Ab mein hoon na, we will also enjoy. Tu jaa, ready hoke aa."

Ayan squealed in excitement and rushed towards the washroom. Ruhi smiled. She missed many years with her younger brother, telling herself that she hates him or blaming him for her Dada being away from her. But maybe the truth was different. She was protecting herself; it was her way of defense mechanism. She used to close off her emotions so they wouldn't hurt her. Maybe after coming back to Khanna Mansion, she realized what she was missing in her life. Yet, whatever the truth was, she was willing to give every single ounce of love she has to her kiddo, not wanting him to feel the same emotions she has felt in her life. She will never let her kiddo go through something she has gone through... she was determined!!!

As Ayan stepped out, he put on his shoes and headed towards the window. Ruhi stood there with a frown, not knowing what he was doing. Her frown turned into shock as Ayan stepped onto the window sill. She immediately rushed towards him and pulled him down, smacking his head hard.

"Pagal ho gaya hai kya? Sach mein marne ki icha aa gayi tujhme? What the hell were you doing?" She scolded and yelled at the same time.

Ayan rubbed the sting and glared at her, "Sneak out karna hai na jiji? Main door se jayenge toh vo sneak out nahi 'aa bail mujhe maar hoga'. So we will have to jump from here."

Ruhi looked at him baffled, "Don't tell me you have done this before?"

Ayan nodded with a proud smile, "Bahut baar, in fact, Bhaiya ne kaafi baar pakda bhi hai mujhe, but jo thrill yeh sab karne mein milti hai na, I can't explain that in words."