005

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . FIVE
IRL ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"I'm so proud of you guys!" Natalia yelled as she brought Jacob, Noah, Philippe, and Steven into a group hug. The graduation ended meaning the group's time at Umich had ended unless they decided to return back to play for the team again for a fifth year. "Thanks Nat." Jacob laughed softly, ruffling the girl's hair in the process. Natalia squealed as Khiana, Philippe's long term girlfriend, emerged from within the crowd.

"Khi, I missed you!" Natalia muttered as she engulfed the older girl into a hug. Khiana laughed as she rubbed her back gently, "I missed you too, Nat." she spoke softly. The duo swayed from side to side before they finally broke away from the hug, Natalia smiled as she watched Khiana congratulate Philippe before giving him a gentle kiss and hugging him tightly. "I hope they find out they're related." Natalia joked, earning a nudge in the rib from Jacob, who laughed.

Natalia shot him a glance before she laughed, "what? I was told honesty is the best policy." she advised, shrugging slightly. "Hughes!" Steven called out to his former teammate as the youngest Hughes brother approached the group, "hey man!" Luke laughed as he clasped his hand with Steven's before giving him a hug. "Congrats brother." he added as he did the same to the remaining three graduates, "hey we were about to go eat later tonight. You comin?" Jacob questioned his friend.

Luke checked the time on his phone as he hummed slightly, "sure. Gonna go shower and then tell my mom and dad and I'll meet you guys over there?" he asked with furrowed brows. "For sure." Jacob nodded his head understandingly before he glanced at Natalia, who seemed uncomfortable by the mere presence of her ex-boyfriend. "What about you, Natty?" he questioned the brunette making Natalia wince as she sucked her teeth, shaking her head in the process.

"I'd love to but you know, I'm practicing for the track and field champs." Natalia advised, it wasn't necessarily a lie. Even though she had woken up earlier to do her morning run, since the championship was close Natalia was running longer miles three times a day; once in the morning, once in the afternoon before lunch, and the final time being before dinner. Her fingers drummed against her outer thigh as she tried her best to avoid Luke's gaze.

Khiana noticed her behavior because she forced a smile as she slipped out of Philippe's arm. "Hey Nat, come to the bathroom with me." she said as she gently started pulling her away from the group, the brunette let out a small breath she was holding in once they were away from the group. "Breathe." Khiana instructed as she placed her hands on the younger girl's face, "there you go. Good job, Natty." she spoke softly as she ran a hand through her hair.

Natalia couldn't help but give her a small smile, "thank you." she muttered. Khiana gave her a smile as she nodded her head, "don't let him get to you, Nat. We've talked about this, remember?" Khiana reminded her as she raised her brows. Natalia nodded her head slowly, a small frown tugging at the corner of her mouth. The night she had broken up with Luke, Natalia had called Khiana sobbing in her car, and being the older sister figure she never had, Khiana slowly guided her as the time went on.

"Now, are you sure you don't wanna come with us to dinner?" the older girl questioned as she removed her hands from the girl's face. "I'm sure." Natalia nodded her head, "I really need to train for the championship." she added softly. Khiana nodded her head understandably as she smiled at her, "I get it. Be careful and I'll call you before bed, yeah?" she asked making Natalia laugh softly. This time it was her turn to nod her head, "I'll be waiting." she advised making Khiana laugh.

INSTAGRAM