006

˚ ༘✶₊˚. ⊹ ˚ . SIX
IRL ♥︎ ₊˚༢࿐
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    Natalia saying she was tired would be a huge understatement. She was in pain, exhausted, and all she wanted was something to snack on but of course Mark and Ethan had to eat half of her snacks leaving nothing but empty bags of goods lying around. A small grunt left her mouth as she flopped stomach-first onto her bed before she hummed contentedly as she inhaled sharply. The girl silently prayed that her bed would open up and swallow her so she wouldn't have to attend class on Monday.

    The door to the room opened, "hey!" Farah's voice filled the silence in their shared dorm. "Hi, Far." Natalia responded dryly as she shoved her face in her pillow, "you doing okay?" the blonde asked softly as she took her shoes off, setting them on the shoe rack by the door that they both agreed to put out. The brunette hummed softly as she nodded her head, "yeah. Just tired." she advised her friend. "Long day?" Farah asked softly as she walked towards Natalia's bed before getting in beside her.

    A small hum escaped the brunette, she nodded her head in the process. "You didn't go out with the guys?" Farah questioned as she glanced at Natalia, "no. Luke's with them." she advised with a small huff. Farah laughed slightly as she stared up at the ceiling in their shared dorm, "understandable." she mumbled. "You still letting him bug you?" Farah asked after a few seconds of silence, "I thought we all talked about this, Nat. About him." she added softly.

    Natalia knew Farah was disappointed. She was just too much of a sweetheart to actually let her know. It was a conversation that was brought up for weeks with the groupchat. "I know, I know." Natalia groaned loudly, "I just feel guilty, you know?" she mumbled. Farah couldn't help but furrow her brows at the response, "for what? Breaking up with him?" she questioned as she turned to look at the brunette beside her.

    The girl hummed, nodding her head slightly. "You know, he called me about a hundred times after the break up." Natalia whispered as she glanced over at Farah, "he wanted to work things out. Luke really was determined to do long distance." she added with a small sigh. There was a brief silence between the group before Natalia huffed slightly, "couldn't really bring myself to answer his calls." she mumbled.

    "All I did was sit and listen to his hundreds of voicemails begging me to pick up at least once. You wanna know something that stuck with me?" she questioned as she stared up at the ceiling, "hm?" Farah hummed. "In the last voicemail he sent me he said I keep reaching for my phone to call you, forgetting that we're not... us anymore." Natalia spoke softly as a frown threatened to etch onto her face, "I stayed up for a few nights thinking about that." she advised.

    Farah let out a small hum, her eyes glancing over at Natalia who seemed to be feeling truly guilty about the break up even a year later. The blonde's hand reached for her friend's before she intertwined their hands, "you were just trying to protect your heart, Nat." she pointed out. "At what cost though? Making Luke feel guilty for choosing to chase his dream?" the brunette questioned with a small scoff as she kept her gaze up on the ceiling.

    The duo laid in silence, both of the girls staring up at the ceiling. Farah let out a small sigh as she laid her head on Natalia's shoulder. The brunette huffed slightly before letting her head rest on top of her friend's as Farah gently rubbed her arm in a soothing manner.