Dog Surgery

Well, it looks like my dog needs surgery. My dog already has a bad skin condition, and a little limp he was born with. But nooo that wasn't enough. His name is Ace and he's a victim of doggy daycare. I know that sounds like it doesn't mean anything, but it really does this time.

You see, once I got back from college, we immediately got everything ready for my mom's graduation. So exciting and emotional and great. There definitely was a lack of sleep, but eh it was worth it. Because Ace is at daycare, I haven't seen him since the first week of March. So when we finally got back home, I was so excited for Sunday to come! I get to see my sweet little dog Ace! Sounds like fun right? Ha ha, yeah wrong.

My brother went to go get him at the designated time, and they said that he was in a bath. Seems odd, but not enough to really worry about. So he left for a bit, then came back. He asked about Ace and how's he been on his stay there, and the lady said "fine as usual". Which we know now that that was a lie. Because once they got back to the house, and my brother took him out of the bag, my poor dog is limping. ON HIS BAD LEG! Ooo I haven't been so angry in such a long time. I was ready to fight somebody at that point! Cuz ain't no way you hurt my pooch, and say everything is fine! WHO DOES THAT?! If there's a problem with my dog, then just say that! Don't look at me dead in my eyes and say there's no problem. Y'all are the problem!

And to makes matters even worse, the surgery is supppper expensive. So, we don't know if we can even get him the help that he needs. So ofc we called them back and demanded an answer about all this. But you know what those dumbasses did? They would either say that they didn't know, or one of them said that he was already like that when he got to him. Like sir are you blind?! Are your eyes seeing what my eyes are seeing? Because there's no way that something didn't happen when he was there.

He's a small old dog, so he can't do the things that he used to do. DON'T Y'ALL KNOW THAT?! I swear these these guys are like cockroaches, they come in to infest then scuttle away once they're exposed. Why don't you I don't know, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR ACTIONS?! How could your leave him like this? He's walking like he's three-legged, and he shouldn't even be walking in the first place. But he's used to walking around like the dog he is, but now he can't just because some idiot took it away.

We called them and they just passed the blame along like a nasty game of telephone. People like that sicken me. Because we've been going there for years, seen his picture up on the screen, and now you're telling me that you don't know what happened to my baby? This is beyond foolish behavior. This is ignorance and negligence all wrapped together. I really really wish this didn't happen to him. He was already uncomfortable with his skin allergy, and he was on the road to recovery. But ofc, they had to add something else to make his life more difficult. We went to the vet to get him checked out because no way am I letting my pooch suffer in silence. They said that he torn his ACL, so he's really not in good shape.

But once again, they come in to ruin it all because even though we called them, emailed them, and showed them the pictures of the documents, they still wanna talk to the vet. Just to see if they can worm their way out of it because they're a bunch of greedy bitches that don't really care about your dog, you, or anyone except themselves. So we have to see if we can win this fight, and get justice for Ace. It's been such a stressful 3 days. And it's even worse because I wanted to tell my friends how I'm doing and how happy I am. But instead I'm doing the exact opposite because someone decided that their job was more important than the life of my dog.

I remember yesterday that my best friend texted me how've you been, and then immediately asked "How's Ace?" I wanted to cry in that moment. But I can't change what happened despite me desperately wanting to. So, the best that we can do is look out for him, and make sure that he doesn't put too much weight on his leg. Thank goodness he's not a big dog, or this would've been a much harder experience. But just know that he's a fighter, and that he's trying his best to be ok. So, it looks like I should try to do the same.