New and better

--Nightmare pov--

  Nightmare was sat in the library flipping through one of the books he had already read.
  Actually, he had read most, if not all of the books in his library a couple times over by now... he should really get some more books.
  Just as the king was about to start reading, he was interrupted by the sound of the door creaking open.
  "Heyy Boss-" Killer peeked inside before letting himself in.
  "...Can't you see I'm busy." Nightmare grumbled.
  "You just got here, you can take a minute to talk right?" Killer shot unnecessary finger guns with a grin on his face.
  "What, how do you even-"
  "Doesn't matter, why'd ya do that with Error boss-?"
  "..."
Was Killer spying on- of course he was...
The king felt an underlying urge to act on impulse once Killer spoke. But he also understood that his underling was just trying to help.
Nightmare repeated those words in his head a couple times to restrain himself from throwing Killer up to Outertale.
The king shifted in his seat to face Killer, only to realize the pest had already made his way next to him.
"I.. did what I deemed necessary, the destroyer was attempting to go against our agreement. Which mind you- I was very generous with." Nightmare scowled averting his gaze as he bickered.
  Killer smiled at that clearly seeing through his words.
"...Noope, you found him or- something annoying. Soo you snapped. But that's not what I was asking boss."
what.
"What?"
"Why were you smiling when you did it?"
...
If he was being true with himself, the king hadn't tormented anyone like that in ages. Sure he had preformed the action of inflicting fear upon others, for it was practically his job. But, it hadn't felt so, personal, in so long...
'Can you blame me though?' Was what his impulse told him to say. The negativity that he had absorbed through scaring Error felt great, enticing even. Still though, Killer was correct. This kind of behavior, this kind of monster, was the kind of being he was trying so hard to not be... anymore.
  "...I see what your getting at." Nightmare put his book down and fully shifted his focus to Killer.
  "Do ya feel any differently about tormenting him now? Y'know since you've had a bit of time to think n all." Killer asked as he slid a cup of hot chocolate that seemingly appeared out of nowhere to the king.
  "Perhaps I do feel it was a regrettable." Nightmare took a hold of the mug and nodded in thanks.
  Killer had a habit of doing this and it made the king smile ever so slightly. Despite being the rather pesky and lackluster comedian, Killer always seemed to know how to assist him.
  Killer glanced up at Nightmare with a soft smile.
"III think ya know what to do from here, catchya later Nightmare-" Killer gave a reassuring smile as he teleported away.
...
Nightmare let out a small hm sound before going back to reading for the time being.

------------------------

---Error POV---

  Error was lying on the ground in his room fiddling with random strings he had found scattered around the floor. He would've preferred his puppets but they were all in the Anti-Void. Can't even use his own strings...
  He was muttering his thoughts loud enough that he didn't notice someone had entered the room.
  "aH-*]^@" The destroyer jumped up on his feet defensively the moment he saw a tall figure in his line of sight. It was Horror.
  "0,oh 1t's you.. üh wH4t do y0u want!-!!:"
  "oh uh, we're having dinner if you wanted to join us-"
  Error hadn't actually heard Horror's voice before. It was a lot more quiet than he thought it would be. Guess that what's to be expected when you have a giant hole in your head.
  "Is Nightmare gonna be there?"
  "probably not."
  "Oh." The destroyer seems to think for a moment before nodding. Ssure I'll join then."
  Truthfully he really didn't care for eating with them, -or eating in general. He never really ate anyways anything but chocolate anyways. His motives were purely to spite Nightmare as much as possible.
  "oh, ...ok we'll be in the living room." Horror slightly stammered as if he wasn't expecting him to actually agree. He faintly smiled before leaving the room.
  The whole conversation felt bizarre for the destroyer. It was too.. normal and non threatening. This train of thought pushed him into a spiral of questions.
'What is this Horrors intentions?'
'What do these monsters even eat?'
'How do I know they aren't trying to poison me?!?'
  The destroyer in spite of all of his thoughts, slipped into his jacket and started walking towards... the living room? How in all of the multiverse did this castle have a living room??? He pondered to himself as he walked around not really sure where he was going. Eventually he did hear voices in the distance which he chose to follow.
  The living room. He'd stand in the doorway just standing and observing.
It really was just your generic living room. Sofa, Tv, Kitchen area- it felt completely out of place for a royal-ish castle. But comfortable nonetheless.
A small loading bar manifested around him as he stared.
  "Oh hey ya actually came!" Killer approached him from the corner of his sight causing him to tense up a bit.
  "uH yea- th1s- is the right place right?"
  "Yep! Glad you came, noticing we never really introduced ourselves to ya" The way Killer spoke kinda reminded the destroyer of Fresh. It was different but still felt a bit eerie.
  Killer stepped back further into the room, and headed towards the sofa where Dust sat.
  Dust was very much not paying attention, his eyes dead set on his phone.
  "We'll wait for Horror. In the meaantimee, you watch any TV???" Killer sat down in front of the sofa and held a remote. He glanced at Error waiting for a response.
  "Uh not really I only watch Undernovela--"
  "Oh! Tú hablas Español?"
Error blinked processing that Killer- just spoke- Spanish-
"Wh-- n0 compr3hend0 muy demas1ado españ01, pero si, Tú verte Undernovela?!?"
  Killer nodded with a wide grin on his face.
  Error lightly raised his scarf over his mouth as he smiled. He felt genuinely happy- ecstatic that someone actually shared that interest of his for once. maybe... he misjudged... some, of these monsters before.
  The destroyer sat on the open part of the sofa feeling a bit more comfortable now. He could hear a pair of footsteps slowly approaching revealing Horror balancing at mountain of food on numerous trays.
  "ah dinners here- lasagna !" Horror had a big smile on his face, he clearly enjoyed cooking. It made sense considering where be was from.
  Error stared at the food as he set a dish down in front of him.
  "...what 1s it..?"
  "..food-" Horror said.
  "What have you never seen lasagna???" Killer chimed in leaning towards him.
  "He obviously doesn't eat." Dust spoke up coldly looking up from his phone.
  Horror and Killer look at Dust with a confused look.
  "What, I actually bothered to do my research. ...Don't fucking look at me like that, ask him yourself." Dust said and went back to his phone.
  The twos gaze shifted to Error.
  "0h uh yea I only 3at chocolate- sometimes-"
  Horror walked up to Error with eyes that cried for him.
  "wh,,why,,.."
  "Anti-void gets rid of the need to eat-"
  "oh,,, well,,, your here now so eat all you want." Horror smirked a bit sadly.
  Error really couldn't care less about food. It was never something he enjoyed or disliked. ...Granted he never tried much.
  Not wanting to deal with Horror he picked up a fork and stabbed into the food that was sitting in front of him.
  The destroyer held his food in front of his eyes and just stared.
  "...Th1s isn7 p0isoned is it?"
  "Aw shut up and eat your food won't ya," Killer exclaimed while biting into his own food.
Error finally took a small bite from his dish and turned his head.
"...uh 1t's alr1ght."
  Horror smiled seeming satisfied with his response while Dust on the other hand silently glared at him.
  Error took notice of this, but weirdly enough found it refreshing. Not the angry gaze, but seeing the 'Murder Time Trio' not acting like total psychopaths. Though it's not like he had many run ins with them to know them well to begin with.
  "...Aree you gonna finish that?" Killer said breaking the silence. He must've got lost in thought.
  "Oh, uh, no, sorry, not used to eating and all."
  "that's alright," Horror said as he took his plate with a soft smile. "thanks for trying it."
Error looked up at Horror and his kind gesture while thinking back on how well easy this all seemed.
"...Y0ur w3lc0m3..."

----------------------------

Author notes :
Words : 1488
whoa
hi.