Suck It Up

POV CORA

I wake up to small little tap on my window upstairs. Thinking its a bird I snuggle deeper in bed trying to rest as much as I can before our competition today.

Today my parents come to watch us at nationals. Last night was not the best prep but I just need a cold shower to get rid of the hangover.

The taps intensify so eventually I get out of bed to open my side window.

"Bax, what are you doing here so early?!" I whisper shout at him.

The pink haired boy is hanging on our pipe with vines wrapped around it.

"Just open the window before I fall and wake up Manu." He says desperately.

Without out further ado I open the window fully and grab his arm to help pull him inside before his hands give way.

"Why are you here?" I whisper at him crossing my arms over my chest and sit down on my bed.

"I need to explain. Last night with Summer was a mistake, and so was loosening her fins." He says with guilty eyes.

"Ever since the thing in Queensland, Elo and Wren had made me feel like I owe them something, so Wren kind of gives me jobs to do and I have to or else. I know it's fucked up Cora, I really do. So please forgive me, know loosening Summers fins wasn't my idea or something I wanted to do. " He says kneeling on the floor putting his hands on my knees.

I never realized how short my shorts are because I now feel very exposed.

"And the kiss? " I say quietly.

"That was Summer drunk. I pulled away immediately. The only girl I wanna kiss is right in front of me." He says making me blush.

"Shut up." I mumble and put my head down so my hair covers my eyes.

He chuckles and moves my hair out of my eyes and behind my ears. He slowly leans in but just before our lips touch I pull away making him whime at the loss of contact.

"I have morning breath which is gross. We can continue this later." I say kissing his cheek.

"Gives me something to look forward to pretty girl." He says smirking making me blush hard.

"You have to get out. Manus gonna be up in 30 minutes and he will be crazy mad if he finds you in here." I say standing and trying to push him out but he stands still.

"5 more minutes baby." He says wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Ugh fine." I say and drag him into bed.

We cuddle with me on my side and him on his back with his free arm drawing circles on my back.

I open my phone and take a photo of us. As I'm about to take another he kisses my forehead making me smile.

"Can I put that on my close friends?" I say.

"Yeah of course." He says and kisses the top of my head again.

I open my phone and see a bunch of texts from my parents.

Surf Club