𝐵𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝟣-𝟥: 𝒮𝓉𝓊𝒹𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝑀𝓊𝓁𝓉𝒾𝓅𝓁𝒾𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃

𝕃𝕠𝕔𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕤𝕝𝕒𝕓𝕪𝕦𝕝 𝔻𝕠𝕣𝕞-ℝ𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕄𝕒𝕫𝕖

For the next couple of minutes, the freshmen group and Cater got busy painting the roses red

For the next couple of minutes, the freshmen group and Cater got busy painting the roses red. Deuce and Grim used their magic to attempt to change the color while Yuuken, Ace, and (Y/N) used paintbrushes to color the roses. While they worked on the rose bushes, (Y/N) couldn't help but notice Cater just standing off to the side watching them. To the vessel, it looked like he was just leaving the rest of his work onto them. They just sighed and shook their head as they continued working despite the noises of their school mates' failures.

"Red... Red... BAM!" Deuce exclaimed as he tried to concentrate on turning the roses red, though it only resulted in turning the entire bush of roses blue which in turn destroyed all the progress Ace had made. "Wh-whoa! It turned blue?!"

"Change, o foul color! Change! AHA!" Grim exclaimed as he tried to fire off a spell, but it only ended up igniting the entire bush into flames. Yuuken immediately went into action, trying to snuff out the flames and save the quickly deteriorating bush. "BWAH! The rose caught on fire!"

"Wow. You're even less competent than I thought," Cater said as he watched the group struggle to get the job done. 'Maybe I should've just done the rest of the roses done myself,' Cater thought as he scratched the back of his neck, seeing the chaos unfolding in front of him. He then looked over to (Y/N) and his eyes widened in shock when he saw that most of the rose bushes on their side were already done. He didn't even know how that was possible without magic, but as he watched them, he only saw the vessel painting a few remaining roses with a paintbrush, putting focus into adding red paint into the smallest corners of the flowers. If he looked into it more, he supposed that the view would seem pretty photogenic with the right lighting.

"Yo, maybe you should just leave the roses white!" Ace called out from his spot by the blue colored bush, bringing Cater's attention back to the rest of the group. "They look perfectly pretty 'n stuff to me."

"It's a matter of tradition," Cater informed his fellow ginger, though as he continued speaking, it sounded more like he was reading of a memorized script than his own thoughts. "You can't have an unbirthday party without the roses being red. And you can't play croquet without seven-colored flamingos as mallets and a hedgehog for a ball. Oh, but of course, the roses need to be white when the garden flowers put on their spring concert. That's absolutely crucial."

"All your rules are completely insane!" Grim cried out as his eyes widened. (Y/N) paused their painting to listen to the dorm's tradition, tilting their head and the strangeness of it. 'What is a flamingo? And a hedgehog?' (Y/N) questioned though they didn't ask aloud, thinking that they would just get ignored again.

"They say the Queen of Hearts made up these rules herself - she was one of the Great Seven, you know. And Riddle is all about tradition. Probably more than previous housewardens, T-B-H. I'll admit that he's, well... a bit extra."