Chapter 15

(A/N Sorry for the long wait)

Megan's P.O.V

Today's the day! We've practiced so hard for this. The event was after school so we had all day to go over and fix our mistakes.

We skipped our last class, so we headed straight to the gym and went over our dance routine. I was in the middle doing the most acrobatic and tumbling part, while Kim and Yami did some acrobatic and contortions.

From the distance, we heard the school bell ring, signaling the end of the day. "You guys ready for this?" I asked.

"Let's do this."

-TIME SKIP-

The participants of the talent show were helping out after school to set up everything. The stage was in the gym, and the bleachers were out. Decorations were also included, but not a lot. It was now 6:00pm, so we had one hour before it starts.

Once everything was set up, the principle demanded us to change into our performance attire. The three of us followed, by other participants headed towards the locker room.

Our attire has mainly red, white, and green. It was a red leotard (with shorts over it) with white cotton around the arm sleeve and chest. Including a mistletoe decorated on the top half, and elf shoes.

"Everybody ready? We got 30 minutes till the show start! Dress rehearsal!"

We did as the producer said and got into our groups. They stopped us a few minutes later when teachers, parents, and students entered the gym.

The crew in charge labeled the participants in order to who goes first to who goes last. Us three weren't up till towards the end. Thank god.

We watched as the room was filled up with an audience. Soon the silence turned into a chatty bunch. The voices echoed through the halls as more people began filling in.

"You guys ready for this?" I said, determined. "Yeah, we've practiced non-stop." Yami stated. "What could go wrong?"

The announcer silenced the audience cueing that the show has started.

The announcer called up the numbers that the crew attached to us, and they walk up to the stage and perform. We watched from behind the curtains, observing the other's talent. We weren't alone either. Andrew, Jarrod, Kenzie, Jamey, Atzimba, Amanda, and Ashley were also there.

Jarrod and Andrew decided to do "magic tricks." Jamey, Kenzie, and Atzimba decided to sing, while Amanda and Ashley were their back up dancers.

They were outstanding! My admiring was interrupted when they bowed and left that stage. "Next up, contestants number 12. Megan, Kim, and Yami!" The audience bursted into cheers.

"That's us!" I said nervously. "Relax, we got this." Kim encouraged. The three of us started towards the stage, but I was stopped by a warm embrace. "Good luck," was all I heard until we broke apart. I shook it off and followed Kim and Yami to the stage.

Once we reached, we got into position and the stage light shone brightly at our way. The music started, and so did our movements. The song Titanium blared through the speakers, and our routine was filled with interesting obstacles. Twist, turns, leaps, tumbling, contortions, you get the point.

The dance was one and a half minute long. We knew that it was really entertaining, when the audience started clapping towards the end. We finished off with a gymnastics pose, then bowed.

"Wow! Wasn't that remarkable! Alright, next up..."

"Eeep! We did great. I hope we did good." "We did! We'll win for sure-"

The duo suddenly stopped, looked behind me, and looked back at me. "Welp, gotta go!" They freaking ran off.

I was turned around by a pair or strong arms, and faced, you guessed it, Derek. "Hey beautiful."
"Hey." I greeted back with a smile.

"That was amazing how y'all performed out there."

"Well thanks to your coaching, it was 10x better."

"True..."

-TIME SKIP-

I met up with Kim and Yami again, because they were about to announce the winner. The judges came up to the stage and handed an envelope to the announcer. "Alright, this is it."

He began unsealing the envelope and said, "Third place...goes to... Give it up for Jarrod Doby and Andrew Fontenot performing their outstanding tricks!" And the crowd goes wild! Mainly the basketball team were howling like wolves. "Second place..."

"I herby announce...Jamey, Atzimba, Ashley, Amanda, and Kenzie! Performing a wonderful musical piece!" The girls from our home room cheered the loudest, as the 5 walked up to the stage.

"Alright, the moment you've all been waiting for..." We shut our eyes and held each other's hand, waiting for the results. "First place, of this school year's talent show is..."

He unsealed second the envelope and shuffled the card in front of him. "I DON'T BELIEVE THIS. THIS YEAR'S WINNER IS..performing a remarkable dance routine. MEGAN McALLISTER, YAMI TADEO, AND KIMBERLY RODAYA!" (Rodriguez and Saya xD)

The audience went insane. "No way." We released from our grasp and climbed up the stage. "Congratulations, here's your prize." He handed us the winner's trophy.

We could hear the others beside us.
"Well, we got beaten...again." -A&J
"I knew they'd win!" -AAAJK
"Told you, first place material." I heard Derek say from the sideline.

"Can I hear it one more time for the top 3 winners?"

*CHEERS*
"WHOOOO"

And that, ended our last day in school this year. Till next time, see ya after New Years!

Well that took forever to update. Follow. Comment. Vote.
Till next time, BYEEE !!