Sunday Roast

Remus fixes you a plate at dinner and you get heart eyes — gn!reader fluff

Warnings: none :)

Words: 0.5k

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺

No one could ever go wrong with a nice Sunday roast as long as it was made with care, especially not the house elves working in the Hogwarts kitchen.

When you walked in with your friends and saw all the food, it looked even better than usual. Now that you were sat down with your best friend Lily on one side and your boyfriend Remus on the other, you were excited to see if the food's taste lived up to the appearance.

Just as you were about to grab some food for yourself, Remus took your plate and placed a juicy piece of chicken upon it.

You looked over at Lily, who also noticed what just happened, and you both tried to stifle laughs before turning back over to Remus.

"Um, handsome, I think you stole my plate there." You informed him, even though you really didn't care since you could just take his empty plate too.

"I know." He responded. "How many sausages do you want?"

You weren't expecting that reply at all. That doesn't mean it was unwelcome, but you weren't really sure how to answer him now.

"You don't have to get my food for me, Rem." You really didn't want to come off as ungrateful, so you placed a hand on his side and tried your best to say it nicely.

"I know I don't, but I want to. You've got on a nice top and I know you'd be sad if you leaned across the table and stained it. So, how many sausages?"

If it wasn't a medical impossibility, you were sure that your heart would have doubled in size at that moment. And if Remus wasn't already your boyfriend, you would have confessed you loved him right there in front of everyone.

Remus was the sweetest person you've ever met, and this was perfect proof of that. You wished you could say he was just extra thoughtful tonight, but he was always so perfect that it would be hard to pick out one peak moment.

"Um, two please."

It was hard to hide how flustered you felt, but you hoped no one noticed.

"And gravy? On the side, of course."

"Of course, thank you."

Finally remembering that you two weren't the only ones in the whole Great Hall, you turned back to Lily to see if she was watching what was happening.

It turns out that Lily was observing the scene with an ear-to-ear grin strung across her face. That's when you knew you weren't imagining it, and that Remus really was the kindest person you knew.

"What about veggies, dove?"

"Yes, please."

You watched as he scooped out roasted veggies from the bowl, carefully trying to avoid the ones you didn't like so much.

After your plate was full, he placed it exactly where he picked it up from, and kissed the top of your head as he also filled your glass with water.

"Thank you, Remmy. Love you."

He told you that he loved you back as he started to assemble his own plate.

As you picked up your fork and went to have your first bite of dinner, Lily leaned over to you and whispered the words 'marry him' into your ear.

You chuckled, picking up a piece of cauliflower. "I will, don't you worry." You promised her. 

⁺. ༶ ⋆˙⊹. ༶ ⋆˙⊹⁺