I'm Robbin this place !!

(I wanted to start this chapter off by apologizing for getting too in detail with my writing bcs omg i read it back and i cringe so hard, i over explain to much :') ANYWAYS. ON ANOTHER NOTE DID ANYONE SEE THE LORE DROP FOR BOOTHILL? HE HAD AN ADOPTIVE KID/OR YOUNGER SISTER? (diff interpritations, looking into it as you read) LITERALLY CRYING, TIK TOK DID ITS THING AND LEAD ME TO MORE INFORMATION, YOU BET I AM GOING TO IMPLEMENT THIS INTO THE STORY AT SOME POINT, anyways enjoy !!)

.

.

.

~ Narration // Setting: Living Quarters ~

What's the loudest sound? Some would argue a siren or maybe the shooting of a gun, some would consider babies crying or children screaming one of the loudest noises but to Boothill it was none of those. He had experienced and listened to every one of those noises and none of them could compare to the sound of silence. To him silence was one of the loudest, most unnerving things. It's ironic since silence is also the quietest thing, but after being through so much he found it the worst to be left alone in silence than be stuck on a destroyed planet.

He dreamt of the day he'd go back home, the day he'd see his daughter again, his fathers, siblings. He never once forgot about them. Nightmares replaced his happy dreams, the constant reminder that they were all gone. He missed her, the resentment and rage would build up and build up until he eventually took it out on an unsuspecting flower. Flower? The smell of roses flooded the nightmare he was having. The prickly vines wrapping up every single IPC member present, his daughter being sheltered in pile of roses. He heard a faint voice from outside of his inner thoughts. Who was it now? He ignored it, the roses in his mind vanishing and suddenly he was back on the planet. Moved on to a different dream faster than he could think. The flames and ash almost as real as the day it actually happened. The sky was covered in a thick cloud of smoke, almost as if there was never a blue sky to begin with. He looked around, the barn, the enclosures, the house, all of it in flames. The sound of glass rung through his head, it all felt so real. He looked down, his arm cut and bleeding, different marks and burns all over causing an imaginary aching pain in his legs as he stood up. He called his daughters name, over and over, shouting it loud enough to make him lose his voice. He pushed and push, finally seeing a vibrant red color sitting in a patch of gray grass, the ash so heavy it covered every piece of natural color it saw. He called her name again, running faster than he thought imaginable. Throwing himself to his knees, he held her in his arms, holding her close before-.

He woke up. The smoke fading away, the cuts, burns, bruises, all losing feel. Replaced by the smell of roses once more- Roses? He held his head for a moment before looking around, not needing to look to hard before seeing him. A bright cherry red head, pieces of armor from chest to toe. The man spoke.

"Did I startle you?" the voice was soft spoken, like a friend talking, a lover comforting, it was unusual for him to hear this kind of tone again. The voice sounded familiar, could it have been that faint voice in his dream? That would explain the roses. He must have been trying to get his attention.

Boothill looked away from him, sitting properly against the couch this time. "Yeah you fudging did, no one ever taught you not to wake a sleeping person?" He slipped his hat back on. He felt more embarrassed than annoyed, getting caught off guard like that wasn't something that happened to often.

"Ah- I'm sorry." There it was again, the soft spoken voice from that cherry bomb. "I wanted to apologize for waking you up earlier but it seems I made the exact same mistake once more. My sincerest apologies." Boothill shook his head, looking at the passing asteroids.

"Nah it's.." He sighed reluctantly. "It's fine, I was bored of that dream anyways." He shrugged, turning his attention back to the stranger, analyzing his features as his eyes roamed. The stranger looked familiar somehow. Before he could ask anything the red head spoke up.