Too Far from Shore (Luca x Alberto)

(based on fanart on Instagram from: noodle_and_tea / show them some love!)

3rd Person POV

"you sure this is the right way Alberto?" Luca asks, the two boys were swimming when they came across an island, but because of the thick forest finding their way back to the water has proven difficult "I'm sure of it, this time" Alberto says "that's what you said an hour ago" Luca mumbles starting to get upset with his friend.

"Relax Luca, i'm sure its right through-" the next thing Luca hears is yelling, "Alberto!" he shouts before falling down the same hole as Alberto, the two keep falling, and falling, and "does this hole ever end?" Alberto asks as they fall next to each other "is it infinite?" Luca wonders, "is it a worm hole!" Luca shouts "i'm sure that isn't the case, but maybe" Alberto says with worry in his voice.

"wait a light!" Luca shouts, "oh no a light!" Luca shouts again, Alberto wraps himself around Luca as the light comes closer and closer till the hit dirt "ow" Alberto says before looking up at Luca who's on top of him "you ok?" he asks Luca shakes his head before looking down at Alberto, the older boy turns a light pink, Luca quickly climes off and looks around their surroundings.

"where are we?" Luca asks, "looks like deep forest, so I think we are just back where we started, Angelo" Alberto sighs, Luca really needs to learn more Italian "come on i think we were this way, right?" Luca says trying to help his friend feel better, "lead the way" Alberto says, the two Italian sea monsters head, what they assume is back to shore when they come across a shack.

"this wasnt here before right?" Luca asks, Alberto nods, the two not having a better idea head into the shack, "welcome to the mystery shack how may i-" the long hair brunette in a pink sweater stops talking before approching the boys "can i help you?" she asks knowing full well kids don't typically buy from the mystery shack "hi, i'm Alberto this is Luca we're just trying to find out way back to the beach" Alberto states doing the talking.

"the beach? we don't have a beach, well i think the closet beach is like way that way" she says pointing to the right, "do you mean the pool?" she asks, the two boys shake their heads "you two aren't from around here are you" she says "no we are not, we're from portorosso, Italy" Alberto states "cool! I've never met anyone from Italy are you two here on holiday with your family?" she asks.

They shake their heads "we're not sure how we got here" Luca states "what do you mean" she asks "I mean one minute we were on an abounded island before we fell in a hole, next were here" Luca states "that sounds crazy right?" Alberto cuts in. "not for gravity falls no, well I will help you two get home, i'm Mable, Mable Pines" she says sticking out her hand.

"nice to meet you Mable" Luca says shaking her hand, Alberto however feels the same feeling in his stomach from when the two first met Giulia, jealousy, "well lets find a way home" Alberto cuts in "we're going to have to get some help and lucky I know where to find it, Stan i'm going to the pool!" Mable yells, "ok be back for dinner!" Stan yells back.

"let me grab my bag" the jumpy girl says before running off, "I don't like her" Alberto says plainly "come on Alberto she's going to help us" Luca says with a smile, the taller boy crosses his arms and pouts, Luca looks at his friend before placing a hand on his shoulder catching the boy's attention "you don't have to trust her but she is helping us, so be nice, please, for me?" Luca pleds and Alberto softens "fine, I'll be nice" Alberto says, "thank you" Luca says before hugging the boy.

Alberto hugs back, little to they know Mable is around the corner watching them, playing match maker, "alright i'm back!" she shouts, "first we need to head to the pool" she says, fear arises in Luca's eyes, water, sea monster, doesn't exactly work, but before they can double back Mable grabs their wrists and pulls them out the door and into town.