Chapter 4

The next morning I was woken by the feeling of something jumping on my bed. I open my eyes to see a cute dog. I sit up and pet the puppy. I hear a slight knock and look up to the door. I see a out of breath Jc Leaning on the door frame.

"Hey." Jc says between pants.

"Hi... are you ok?" I ask Jc.

"Yea I'm fine just a little tired, I just came from the gym." There was an awkward silence. "Oh, here's your phone. Don't expect any text messages from that asshole anymore. But if he does text you, let me know." Jc says tossing me my phone.

"Oh, ok."

"Well, get ready, we're going to breakfast."

"Ok, give me a half an hour."

"Alright." He smiles at me and leaves.

I get out of bed and get ready for the day.
~~~

I walk out wearing a loose grey hoodie, black skinny jeans, white converse, and a grey Beanie. I also put on some light makeup... as in eyeliner and a little bit of mascara.

I walk into the living room and I see Jc, Kian, Ricky, and Sam waiting for me. Jc and Kian have their penny board so I grab mine. We all walk out and pile into Ricky's car. It's Ricky driving, Sam in the passenger, Jc, Kian, and I in the backseat. Jc is on my right and kians on my left.

"I like your beanie Maddie." Kian says to me.

"Thank you." I answer quietly.

"Hey, are you ok? you seem a little different." Jc whispers.

"I-I'm fine." I say. Honestly I'm not fine. I'm staying at a strangers house. I have no idea who these people are and I'm just hanging out with them like I've known them for years. Yea they've helped me so far, but this could all be a lie. "Actually, I have a question" I say, looking towards Jc.

"Yea?" Jc answers

"Why do you chose to help me? You really don't even know who I am." I ask confidently.

"How about after we get breakfast, you and I go penny boarding and ill tell you why I want to help you so badly." Jc answers.

"Oh Ma God." Ricky interrupts.

"What?" Jc asks.

"Are you asking her out?" Sam asks. I couldn't help but blush.

"No! no, it's not like tht at all! We met less than 24 hours ago, AND she has a Boyfriend!" Jc answers embarrassed.

"Whatever you say Jc." Kian says. Jc reaches over me and hits him.

"OW! YOU BITCH!" kian shouts. He then reaches over me and hits Jc. Jc and kian sit there and fight and I sit there awkwardly.

"GUYS STOP! WE'RE HERE!" Ricky shouts. The boys stop fighting and gets out. I follow closely behind.

~~~after breakfast~~~

Jc and I grab our penny boards and start riding. We ride down to the pier and sit down. He looks at me and smiles.

"Maddie, you want to know why I want to help you so much?" he asks me. I nod. "When I accidentally ran into you and you fell, I felt awful. And that was just an accident! but when I saw that bruise on your face, I could tell somebody purposely hurt you. Nobody deserves to get beat for no reason. And I knew that's what happened to you. As soon as I saw how hurt you were, I knew I needed to help you. And as soon as I saw the hurt in your eyes, I knew that you wouldn't hurt a fly. I've only known you for a little while, but I want to make sure that nobody hurts you ever again. That's why I am helping you. I'll always be here." He says with confidence in his voice. I feel the tears leave my eyes.

"Thank you so much Jc." I whisper. He pulls me into a gentle hug and I hug him back, crying into his shoulder.

After walking down the pier, Jc calls Ricky to pick us up.

~~~at home~~~

I sit down on my bed and begin to feel curious. 'What did Jc text Daniel?' I pull my phone out of my pocket to check.

TEXT CONVO
(D: DANIEL, JC:JC... yea)

D: I. Will. Find. You. Get it? got it? good.

Jc: just leave me the fuck alone. I don't want to take your bullshit anymore.

D: you can't fucking escape me you whore.

Jc: but I can.

D: oh, and how is that?

Jc: I found someone who actually cares about me. He would never do what you did to me. He loves me and would do anything just to keep me safe. He knows about you and fucking hates you. He will make you regret it if you lay another finger on me.

D: oh yea bitch? how do you know he's just using you for the sex you won't give him?

Jc: Because you're talking to him asshole.

D: well dipshit, just leave her now. She's not going to give you anything. She's a virgin. If she didn't lose herself to me, the guy she's been dating for almost 6 years, she's not going to lose herself to a guy she just met off the street.

Jc: What the hell makes you think I'm in her life for sex? I'm here for the great personality she has. And if you didn't know, a slut is someone who sleeps with plenty of men/women. If she's a virgin, She's not a slut dumbass.

D: You know what! fuck off! Maddie is mine! I will find her!

Jc: or you can stop calling/texting this number and leave her alone so we don't have to get the police involved.

D: whatever. I'll get her sooner or later.

Jc: or never. Go to hell. You two are through.

D: well at least now it doesn't have to be a secret that I fuck other girls to get the pleasure I deserve. Let Maddie know I said to have a nice life. See you around asshole.

Jc: fucking slut*CANCELED*

*END OF TEXT CONVO*

I looked at the messages in disbelief.
1. Daniel cheated on me
2. Jc said he was my boyfriend?
3. Daniel and I are through! YAY!

Wow. Just... wow.