𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔

summary: y/n and mason meet for a table read of their new movie
genre: fluff, love at first sight, meet cute
warnings: none (slay)

summary: y/n and mason meet for a table read of their new moviegenre: fluff, love at first sight, meet cute warnings: none (slay)

requested by girlinivory thank you for replying to my cry for help lmao😭😭 forever grateful xx

- 💌 -

i cannot believe i'm actually walking onto set for a warner bros movie right now. i clench onto the script in my hand tightly as if it'll make the horrible nervous feeling in my stomach go away. i've worked so hard for this and it's all paid off for this movie. i'm so excited but i think i might faint.

i don't even know who my costars are yet! i'm beyond terrified to meet them because they'll all be really professional and, like, good at their job. and then there's me who's literally never been on a movie set before.

but beggars can't be choosers i guess.

my mum follows beside me and she reaches an arm around me to squeeze my shoulder. i can tell she's happy for me: she's my number one supporter, i literally would not be who i am without her.

we go through security and someone behind the front desk shows us the way to the meeting room. we thank her as she walks back to the desk. "you ready?" my mum asks. the butterflies in my stomach make it impossible to speak so i just nod and exhale before reaching forwards and pushing the doors open.

the room is so suddenly alive that i take a small step back before walking in. there's people talking and laughing; they're making wild hand gestures as they tell stories. there's people my age, people older than me, people younger than me and i'm 90% sure there's a trainer holding a husky on a leash.

but i'm on cloud nine right now so i could be tripping.

a pair of eyes notice me stood breathlessly in the doorway and the body they belong to make their way over to me. richard motherfucking curtis shakes mine and my mum's hand, asking us how we are and how the flight was, before beckoning us further into the room.

after being introduced to a few costars (including but not limited to haley lu richardson, brian tyree henry, taylor russell, caleb mclaughlin, leah sava jeffries, violet mcgraw and so many more) richard stands on top of a chair and calls everyone over.

"welcome! thank you to everyone for being here, it's so good to see your faces. we have the privilege of creating this film together and making it come to life." he grabs a glass of champagne. "so here's to another sappy romcom you eat in your pyjamas with your ice cream!" everyone laughs and cheers at his speech and then disperse to find their sweets around the big table.

i find y/n l/n printed on a card in front of a chair and kiss my mum's cheek, saying goodbye as she walks away to one of the sofas around the room. i hear the chair beside me screech against the floor and i look up.

and holy fuck, just like that my eyes have been blessed. next to me sits a gorgeous boy, with curly brown hair and beautiful eyes and amazing style.

is he real?

he reaches over "hey i'm mason it's nice to meet you." i shake his hand politely.

it's very nice to meet you mason.

"hi i'm y/n it's so nice to meet you too! who are you playing?" i ask him, never wanting the conversation to end.

he smiles. (holy shit, again) "uh i'm playing ben, what about you?"

my cheeks heat up. i can feel it. no fucking way this gorgeous boy is playing my love interest. i must be doing something right to have deserved this.

richard curtis i love you thank you for making my life worth living.

"oh no way i'm playing jess!" i tell him as casually as possible (which probably wasn't that casual).

"hey that's so crazy!" he laughs the most amazing laugh i've ever heard. i don't care if i'm fan-girling this is possibly the best day of my life. before i can say anything else richard calls everyone's attention and mason takes his eyes off me.

looks like my hard work did pay off.

- 💌 -

this is so short and bad but OH WELL

mum appreciation because i adore my mum she's my biggest fan<333

also id DIE to work with richard curtis and that cast oh my god haley lu richardson and taylor russell are my favourite actresses ever!!! if i ever get to work with all those people i KNOW i've made it

a girl can dream fr.

"i love you. i love you more than anything💗"
nica - the tearsmith
THIS FILM GOD WISHWJBZ