I don't care where, as long as you're with me and I'm with you

The days started blurring together in a frenetic rush of activity for them. December seemed to move at both a breakneck speed and a sluggish crawl, a paradoxical blend of haste and lethargy. For Faye, the month was a whirlwind of exams and deadlines, a relentless rush towards the end of the semester. She poured over textbooks and notes, but her mind often wandered to thoughts of Kurt, a welcome distraction from the rigors of academia.

Meanwhile, Kurt was immersed in his music, his days consumed by rehearsals, songwriting and the pursuit of artistic excellence. He had started sharing an apartment with Dave and doing some odd jobs to support rent and the band expenses. Although they didn't have any gigs booked throughout the month they had an upcoming New Year's concert in Portland, a chance to take the stage once again before they finally said goodbye to 1990 and hello to a brand new year. Despite the joy he found in doing what he loved with his bandmates, there was a sense of restlessness that gnawed at him, a longing for something more, something he couldn't quite name. But there was someone he could, and it was Faye Carter. 

Regardless of their busy schedules, they managed to steal a few precious hours in each other's company whenever Kurt was in town. On a late and chilly afternoon, they sat together on the campus grounds, Faye laying with her head cradled in Kurt's lap.

"I can't wait for the semester to be over," she let out a deep sigh.

Kurt brushed a strand of hair from her face, his expression gentle. "Hang on just a little longer, okay?" he murmured, his eyes meeting hers. "When are you done with everything?"

"By the 19th," she was mentally listing all the things she had to get done by then.

"You know, you could come over to Olympia to stay with me and Dave," he suggested while running his hands through her hair.

Faye beamed with a smile. "It's a deal," she agreed eagerly, her excitement evident as she thought about spending more time with him. "But only if you come home with me for Christmas."

Kurt's expression softened, though a hint of uncertainty lingered in his eyes. "I'm not sure if I wouldn't be overstepping it."

Faye shook her head. "I think they wouldn't mind me bringing home the guy I've been spending winter break with," she said with a grin, reaching up to cup his cheek.

"Are you sure?" he questioned, still unsure of it. "I feel like I'm intruding by taking you with me to Olympia."

"It would mean a lot to me," she reassured him. "And you're not intruding at all. I'm fully and willingly by your side."

Kurt leaned in, his lips meeting hers in a tender kiss. "Then, it's a deal."

As the days stretched on, they found themselves counting down the minutes until they could be reunited once more. Each passing moment seemed to drag on endlessly, each immersed in their own world yet inexorably drawn to one another.

When the last day of the semester finally arrived, Faye felt nothing but relief. Packing her bags and saying goodbye to her dorm room felt like shedding a heavy burden. She was more than ready to leave and be with Kurt again.

"I wish I was that excited to go home," Amy remarked with a wistful glance at Faye, who was busily arranging her belongings.

They were on their way to Olympia together, and Amy didn't share Faye's enthusiasm about leaving Seattle to be with her parents, despite Faye's reassurance that Amy's parents were really likable, at least from what she could recall from the weekend she spent with them.

"I wouldn't be either," she admitted. "But hey, we can hang out while I'm there. If you ever need a break from the parental units, I'll be around." Faye tried to provide some comfort.