This scene feels like what I once saw on a screen

"Do you think this looks okay?" Kurt stood in front of the mirror, his brow furrowed in concentration as he adjusted his tie for what seemed like the hundredth time. Faye sat up in bed, her gaze lingering on the snow falling outside. 

"You've changed your outfit three times already," she remarked with a teasing smile, her eyes twinkling with amusement. "And you looked great from the first one."

Kurt let out a nervous laugh, his fingers nervously adjusting the buttons of his shirt. "I know, I know," a hint of sheepishness in his voice. "I just want everything to be right tonight."

Faye reached out, taking his hand in hers. "It will be," she assured him. "You look handsome, and I'm sure everything will go just great."

The hum of the car engine filled the air as Kurt navigated the highway toward Westport, the strains of a familiar song playing softly in the background. Faye glanced out the window, watching as the scenery shifted from city streets to rolling hills and towering evergreen trees. He reached over, intertwining their fingers.

"Are you excited?" She squeezed his hand gently.

Kurt nodded, his eyes briefly leaving the road to steal a quick glance. "Yeah, I am," a small smile playing on his lips. "It's just been a while since I've had a proper family Christmas."

Faye felt empathy for him. She knew how important family was to Kurt, even if he didn't talk about it much. And she knew well that feeling of having an incomplete Christmas.

"Since my parents divorced, things haven't been the same," he admitted, his voice carrying a stored sadness. "I used to love Christmas when I was a kid. It was magical. But now..."

"I'm sorry, Kurt," she reached out to gently squeeze his hand again, offering him comfort. "That sounds tough. But I kind of get it because of my mother."

"I'm sorry to hear that," his fingers tightening around hers.

"It's okay," Faye assured him, though the memories still stung. "It's been a while now, and things have settled down. But I remember how hard it was during the holidays."

"Yeah, it's tough when things change," a shared understanding passing between them. "But having you with me this year makes it so much easier."

"I'm glad I could be here for you," Faye replied, feeling a surge of warmth in her heart at Kurt's words. "Thanks for coming with me."

The landscape gradually transitioned from the open road to the familiar sights of Westport. Finally, they arrived at Faye's house, its windows adorned with twinkling lights and festive decorations. As they stepped inside, the comforting aroma of home-cooked food greeted them, mingling with Christmas tunes emanating from the radio. They made their way to the kitchen, where her step-mother, adorned in an apron, was on a culinary journey.

"Hey there, you two!" Catherine exclaimed, lowering the volume of the music as she turned to greet them. "Sorry for the mess."

"It's fine," Faye greeted with a warm hug. "The house feels alive. Where's dad?"

"Your father and sister went to visit grandma for a bit, but they should be back soon," she informed them.

Turning to Kurt, Catherine extended a welcoming hug. "I'm so glad you could join us, Kurt,"

"Thanks for having me, ma'am," his voice trailing off as he got a sudden pang of shyness.

"I'll go settle our stuff," Faye announced while nibbling on some of the fig and mozzarella salad that was by the table.

"I've arranged the guest room, but I thought you two might prefer to be together," she said, her gaze shifting between Faye and Kurt. "Don't worry, I already spoke to your dad."