Yoriichi X Reader

Fake girlfriend

Authors note: Doesn't follow manga/anime

"I...I think I do have a crush on him" bsf/n spit out (her/his/their) drink, (she/he/they) started at me with wide eyes, I hid in embarrassment before anyone saw. Bsf/n put (her/his/their) drink down and gave me a weird creepy smile, it had been a while since I liked someone, It's not like I couldn't like anyone but I just didn't have time for love, I was always busy with work that I never had time to sit and think about my feelings, but recently I had gotten really close to Yoriichi and my heart became attached.

"Omg that's great news, I was beginning to worry you wouldn't find someone until you were a grandma" I playfully rolled my eyes and took a bite of my food, bsf/n went on (her/his/their) phone, it seemed like (she/he/they) was/were texting someone, I didn't question until my phone buzzed, I flipped it over reading the message. It was an invitation to a party, I placed the phone down and looked at bsf/n who looked at me with a smirk.

"I don't know, I'm not really in the mood to party" bsf/n rolled (her/his/their) eyes and lightly smacked (her/his/there) forehead, I looked in confusion not knowing why.

"It's not for you, it's so you can get closer to him" I put my fork down and gave it a thought, on one hand it could totally work and we could live in a world of love and lust, but on the other it could totally fail and he would hit me with the "I think of you more like a sister" actually that does sound like something he would say, I mean he hasn't made a move or anything so what if I'm the only one who has fallen for him? Oh my that would be so embarrassing, I would have to move to a different country and hid myself, change my name and appearance, maybe Rebecca would be a good name? Bsf/n noticed me overthinking so (she/he/they) threw a fry at me, making me pay attention.

"Don't worry about it, I'm sure he feels the same way" I put the fry on the tray and played with my food, I wasn't too convinced it was going to work, but I could die trying.

"Okay, whatever you say" bsf/n smiled and dipped (her/his/their) fry into the ranch/ketchup, bsf/n closed (her/his/there) eyes as (she/he/they) took a bite out of the fry.

"Honey trust me, you'll be running off into the sunset in no time" I gulp and nod, hopefully I wasn't ruining anything if I went through with this plan.

"Now hand me your phone" I give it to (her/him/them) and (she/he/they) scrolled through my messages, I didn't mind as much since (she/he/they) knew what (she/he/they) was/were doing, at least I hope. Bsf/n hands me my phone and I read the message.

Y/n: Hey I heard there was a party going on this Friday, wanna go? 🤔

I panicked at the last sentence, it didn't sound anything like me, what if he said no? I mean he doesn't look like the type to go to parties, without a second I hear a notification go off, I quickly looked and read Yoriichi's response.

Yoriichi: Sure I would love to go, what time are you going? 🙂

I flipped the phone around and showed bsf/n his response, (she/he/they) smirks knowing (she/he/they) did all the work, I quickly respond but bsf/n snatched the phone and deleted my message, I sigh and let (her/him/them) take over, bsf/n was better in the romance department so it was best if I did what (she/he/they) said.

"Alright, looks like you've got a date" I smiled and kept my phone faced up, you know in case Yoriichi decides to text, by the time we realized it was time to go, we had everything set. We just needed fate to align with our plan and everything would work out perfectly, I waved bsf/n off and headed to my place, I just had to get through this week and then maybe just maybe, Yoriichi and I would be the new hot couple at our work place.