Chapter Nine

I shuffle around uncomfortably. My stomach is roaring, waiting for the food and I can't seem to find a good position to watch the movie in.

I roll over on my stomach, pushing my feet to the air. I groan when I feel my feet get numb a few minutes later.

"What's wrong?" Rhea asks, sitting up to look at me. She didn't call me baby. My side eye is bombastic.

"Nothing," I roll my eyes and push myself to my knees. I sit like that, quietly watching the movie, ignoring the pain I am starting to feel.

"Come here," Rhea pats her thigh, urging me to go sit on her lap. I hesitate.

I want to, I really do. But that's too much touch that will make me more attached and I don't want that. For now, I can control my feelings and the stupid 'crush' I have on her but I won't be able to do that for long if we are always so close.

I sigh when I realise my logic is shit and move myself so that I am sitting right next to Rhea. I don't want to cross any boundaries so I wait for her to make the first move.

She looks at me, one eyebrow raised. Her head tilts as her tongue darts out to run over her front teeth. Holy sh-

Rhea effortlessly picks me up and places me on her thighs. She twists me so that my back is against her chest and pulls me back to lie down on her, her hands cradling me.

We sit like that for twenty minutes. Me, relaxed and on the brink of falling asleep, and Rhea rubbing shapes on my skin. She moves her hand up and down, touching my thigh, my stomach, my arm, any bare skin she has access to.

The food had to ruin the moment. I don't move when we hear the few knocks on the door.

"I'll be back in a second," Rhea tries to push me off but I grip her arms and don't let her. I know she can push me off if she wants to but I think she wants to see if I'll listen to her.

"Just leave it there," I groan, turning my body around and nuzzling my face in her neck.

"I have to pay for it," Rhea pats my thigh.

Pay? Ooooo. I can pay.

I get up as fast as I can, grab my phone and run to the door, taking out the money from inside of my phone case.

"Annalise. Get away from the fucking door," Rhea commands, getting up as well.

I ignore her and open the door.

"Hello, here's your money," I hand him 100 dollars and take the food out of his hands, "Keep the change, thanks for the food!" I slam the door shut on the room service guy's face. He looks stunned but I don't have time to apologise.

I smile triumphantly, feeling proud of myself for paying. Rhea on the other hand, she looks like she wants to strangle me-

Rhea's hand wraps around my neck, applying enough pressure to serve as a warning but not enough to make me panic. She pulls my face so that we are only inches apart.

This might sound strange and pervert-y but I really like her hands around my neck.

"What did I say?" She snaps. I push her away playfully, not in the mood to argue about money. She always pays and now it was my turn.

"Thank you Annalise, I appreciate the fact that you paid for our food! You're the best!" I make my voice higher, knowing that will get on her nerves, and stare straight into her eyes.

She looks away, licking her lips. Her eyes are dark and I can clearly see that she's trying to calm herself down. Oh no. Why did I do that? Now she's gonna be mad.