Chapter 65 (Blockbuster)

'Let there be chaos again. They will ultimately find solace in each other's arms at the end of the day.'

Chapter 65

"Sanchi's father," prompted Vihaan, throwing icy glances at Sanchi, who had arrived at Omkareshwar a few hours ago.

"My ex-father." Sanchi corrected, glaring at him.

"Uh oh. . . What do I derive from it? You both are confu-sing me." Prachi caught hold of her forehead in despair. "Who is exactly Kunwar Patel?"

"There is actually a very long story, Pihu." Vihaan indicated, his vision wandering to the past. "Sanchi used to live a very abandoned life in Gwalior with her estranged parents, namely father Kunwar Patel and mother Jwala Patel. Having been tortured for reasons she was not responsible for, they compelled her to leave her true identity behind and live under the façade of a replaced identity."

While Vihaan continued to narrate the forsaken past to Prachi, Sanchi's face turned melancholic and she fought her inner urge not to shed more tears. He laid a palm across her shoulder, pulling her to his bosom. "Sanchi is one such strong woman I've ever known all my life."

Learning of the traumatised past of her mother, Prachi heaved a sigh. She also knew that her mother had acquired the skills of courage and fought against all odds, with Vihaan staying beside her like a rock.

"Can you provide me a photograph of him?" Prachi asked in her normal accent. "I will rea-ch the depth of it and solve the miseries of my family for-ever."

"Together, we both can." Rehaan's beaming voice caught their attention as he entered Vihaan's room. "I will also help you out, Pihu."

When Prachi noticed the spark of happiness in Rehaan's face, she felt quite satisfied. She loved her brother dearly and there was no second thought to it."Whatever started almost decades and gene-rations ago will be brought to a peaceful end by us, we promise you, maa and papa."

Rehaan seconded her. "When I heard the name of Kunwar Patel from you, I remembered Hemant grandpa once mentioning him to me when I visited Trivedi house for acquiring some business lessons from him. He narrated to me how his closest friend had betrayed him in his business for greed for money."

Rehaan pulled out an old picture from the pocket of his trousers and handed over to Prachi. "This is the one I collected from an old album lying abandoned in our farmhouse. I think the woman standing next to him in the photograph must be Jwala Patel."

"Let me see." Vihaan tugged at the photograph, taking a closer look at it. "You are right. They are Jwala and Kunwar, one of the most devilish and heartless criminals I might have ever come across. For your kind information, even Jwala was behind the bars. If Kunwar was released and later he died in the accident, where was she? As per my knowledge, these two had been inseparable since ages."

"I will find out." Prachi's voice was stiff and cold. "Any-thing else you want to share which might be useful for me, papa?"

While Vihaan did not respond, Rehaan added, "I think you should discuss it with aunt Vidya because she's their biological daughter. There's a possibility she may know a little more."

After Prachi and Rehaan left their room, a complacent Vihaan turned towards Sanchi, who had refused to utter even a single word in the presence of their children. Her lips were trembling and her eyes were staring blankly at the ceiling.