Chapter 5: @/ace_08

Have you ever felt the urge to be out for blood that all you see is red, think about the various ways to torture them to the point that they'll beg for death to take them? no? well all I've been thinking about the entire evening was how to make a certain fucker regret being born, for even thinking about her. I knew the night wasn't going to end well the moment I saw the ghost who has been haunting my dreams.

As she stepped into the club, the contrast of pink and white created an aura of sophistication and allure, turning heads and igniting whispers of admiration in her wake. The most infuriating fact about it, she knew exactly the kind of effect she had on people. Her confidence wasn't loud or a facade; it was quiet yet she had a magnetic effect around her, which felt like a part of her identity. She was more than just a woman; she was a force of nature, a Goddess who knew that true beauty lies not in perfection, but in the unwavering belief in their own.

But the world doesn't deserve goddesses like her, it needs Devils in disguise to show them what they actually deserve. Just like that certain fucker who had eyes on her from the moment she walked in. There's a reason she was not called by the associates in the meeting.

Liam is known for his classic manwhore behaviour who's way too shameless with his deeds, has no remorse and will do anything to get it if he decides he wants it. And the way he was looking at this particular minx as if she was his next prey made me want to bash his head on that counter he was standing.

It took a lot of patience from my side to not get out of the shadows and make sure that mf forget his entire existence because it would ruin everything I've been working on. I can't let my intrusive thoughts win and bet everything just because a hellion chose to show up where she shouldn't have. I would've dargged her out of here if not for the fact that I can't draw attention and let anyone know about my intentions, at least for now. I can't let a girl who's nothing but a pawn in my long game divert me from my path of "their" destruction.

Now that I can't control her actions- yet, I kept my cool and played my role of being the charming shadow that I am. That seemed like a good plan until I saw how that void expression she always had on her face changed into a horrific one. That asshole was groping her in the name of dancing while she stood there completely frozen. Her eyes looked glassy, devoid of any emotions as if she had seen a ghost or more like: she was one. It's not like her to freeze over some man groping her. She was someone who would most likely knee them in their balls hard and fast. Then why this sudden break in her demeanour which I knew as a matter of fact was a facade.

It didn't last long, though, she snapped back to her usual self, mumbled something to herself and then dashed out, pushing through the crowd. I was so stunned in that moment that I couldn't even move from my place. I knew that expression would steal the show in my next nightmare.

Somehow, I don't even remember how I managed to get out of that club without smashing that bastard's face on the bar or killing him in front of hundreds of people. My patience snapped when I found him whistling in the parking lot as if he was out for a stroll in a goddamn park. I straight up snuck behind him and smashed his head on the hood of his white Audi. I would have given it a thought not to harm the car if I hadn't been this enrage. Another advantage I got in tackling this piece of shit was that he was too drunk to put up a fight. He passed out the moment his head hit the metal. I still flipped him and punched him hard in his pretty boy face, but all he did was lay there like the shit he is. I was nearly going to kill him but I needed him to stay alive.

So I texted the devil's spawn, asked him to clean the mess that I created and take care of him. Well, that's the kind of understanding I have with him. He will never question the whats or whys of my deeds. He has always been there as an invisible pillar for me, which many men refuse to agree with. It's not always just a woman behind you, but sometimes it's the one friend who knows you more than you know yourself.

And now that I've taken my rage out, my thoughts are filled with my wild ghost and why she behaved the way she did before leaving. I gripped the steering wheel so hard that my knuckles went white. It was my regular dilemma of whether to go and check on her or not. As much as I love to tell myself that I'm here just for the thrill of it or to know more about her, deep down, I know it's not. I get out of my car and plan on dwelling on my thoughts some other day.

I manage to climb into her room through her window as if this is my daily pass time. I sneak in like a cat without making any noise in case she's awake, but then I find her sprawled out on her bed in the exact same clothes she was in the club, my heart skips a beat. She might have passed out the moment she returned home and she didn't even change her outfit from the club. I moved closer towards her bed and found her makeup smudged. She even looked uncomfortable in her deep slumber.

I had no business in staying here now that she's passed out. Teasing her through my texts and watching her void expression break are the highlights of my day. But the devil sitting on my shoulder thought of ignoring my thoughts and carried my legs towards the washroom of her apartment. After searching through the cabinet under her sink and I found some wet wipes. I went back to clean her face by removing all the makeup. She was so drained that she did not even stir while I took off the tight dress she was wearing and slipped a plain white oversized T-shirt I found lying on her bed. She was pretty even when she was in her most vulnerable state and it took everything in me to reach behind her back and unclasp her bra without loosing my sanity. The moment the bra was out, she let out a sigh of relief in her sleep.

I can pretty much picture what her expression would be if she remembered and realized what just happened here. I couldn't stop my gaze from following her features as I sat beside her on her bed. I knew she was as pretty as a Goddess as I know the Earth revolves around the sun, but there was something that tugged on the strings of my heart at how she looked so soft beneath all the hard exterior facade she puts up. I guess this is the most vulnerable side I've seen of her till now after what happened to her at the club.

It was this moment that I realized that she is not just a mere pawn in my game, but there's something more to my obsession with knowing about her. "What kind of a mystery are you, Paheli? Are you really just a ghost haunting my nightmares, or is there something more about it?" I whisper as I remove the stray strands of hair from her face and tuck it behind her ear.

Before I do something, I would regret and creep her out, I stand up and decide to leave her for today. While turning away, my eyes catch a blue file lying on the bedside table and that was enough to let my curiosity win. I open it only to find pictures of that asshole Liam. Well I knew he had to stay alive and there's a reason why she was there in the club today and it's him. I click a picture of the pages in that file to study later and then snuck out of the window. I had way more important things to do for the pieces to fall back together, and it doesn't just include solving the mystery named Paheli but that starts with waking up that fucker who's now most probably tied up in the hellhole created by none other than the devil's spawn himself.

FINALLY BACK FROM THE DEAD!
I'm extremely sorry for taking such a long break. But I swear to god I won't disappear now.
AND YES I AM BACK WITH ACE!🥹💖
Please don't forget to vote!
~ Xo, Melo <3