Icantthinkofagoodtitleforthelifeofme

Sunset

Hourglass' POV

I opened my eyes, the bright light of the setting sun filling them with water. All I could remember was the badger jumping at me, its huge mouth wide open.

My leg didn't hurt as much as it did earlier, and it was wrapped in cobwebs. I blinked my eyes, still blurry from the sunlight to see Leafpool organizing herbs. Pumpkinspice was curled up in a nest across the den, and Jayfeather was nowhere to be seen. For some reason, this worried me. I let out a ragged breath. Leafpool suddenly turned around to look at me.

"Hourglass! You're up!" Her voice sounded relieved and a bit tired. But could I blame her? "Pumpkinspice was very worried about you. I had to give her poppy seeds," She meowed.

"Why would she be so worried about...Me?" I rasped. Leafpool looked me in the eyes, a subtle frown on her face. "If your Clanmate was injured, you would be worried too, would you not?" She asked, a calm but challenging look in her eyes.

"Yes, but-" Leafpool turned around and began looking through her storage. "But I don't think the other cats have gotten this nervous."

"Well, maybe you're a special friend to her," she mewed. I closed my eyes, letting that sink in. "I thought I was going to have you eat this thyme, but you're perfectly calm." 

I opened my eyes again, and looked across the den at Pumpkinspice.  "I've survived a lot of battles. I've been through this many times before. Remember the battle with Windclan?" 

Leafpool's eyes clouded with grief. "Yes. I remember you being tossed out across the clearing. Pumpkinspice brought you here in an instant." 

"...Pumpkinspice really cares about you, Hourglass." She meowed. My heart pounded. "She cares about me more than I care about myself," I realized out loud. "What do I do?"

Leafpool turned and looked straight at me. "Follow your heart. You'll know what to do."