Chapter 26

You both stare at each other in silence. "So you think your explanation justifies it?", you ask and she shakes her head.

"Far from it, I do know that you deserve closure and to know everything because it is your story, not mine. You should have been in full control of all your decisions because they were yours, and if I had any concerns I should have came to you first. I'm just here to answer every last question you have and once I leave you're free to do whatever YOU want. Whether it's keeping me in your next chapter or going forward", she says.

"You never mentioned about Iwaizumi", you add. "Oh, yeah after I was arrested, Kai and Hina ended up becoming close so that was mainly them who tried to sabotage because they bonded over the hate they had for you", she says and you scoff. "Hate? I still haven't even met Kai", you laugh off.

"No, but she was always envious of how close we were. So then for her date to show more interest in me and then find out you are both siblings. So I just looked like a liar trying to protect you when she wanted me to herself. Then the Atsumu thing was her way of trying to get back at you for it and me too by setting me up. So you can Imagine how she would react when you started dating Iwaizumi and you were his childhood crush"

"Don't need to imagine something that is currently happening", you say and she sighs. "She asked me to be involved with her plans which I immediately declined but she didn't care cause she had Hina. I took the quickest flight back to stop her once she told me her plan but planes are pretty slow", King explains further.

"What did you tell my brother?", you asked her. "The truth. He is the one who helped me testify against her making sure we could gather as much evidence as possible to make sure she gets done". "Won't you get done for being an accomplice?", you ask and she shrugs. "Not like me and the police haven't met before. Besides it's better for justice to be served" she answers back.

It was silence again as tears welled up in your eyes. She cradles you in your arms and hushes you as you begin to cry. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess. You really deserve a better friend. Just remember not to blame yourself, I could have stopped this completely then making dumb decisions so anything you feel just put it on me", she comforts and you hug her back.

The truth is. You missed your friend. Someone you called sister. You missed how time was, you missed your bond, you missed her. But it hurts to attempt to forgive her, things are too complicated. All your feelings are so complexed you haven't had the chance to even try to figure them out. So you cried. And wept on King's shoulder as she rubs your back, tears filling her own eyes as you both wanted everything to just be different.

There was a knock on the door before Oikawa enters the room to check in on you both. "Sorry for taking so long", King says as she dries her eyes. "Who else is waiting?", she asks. "No one, Atsumu went home after I talked with him", Oikawa says before his eyes fixates on you. "You okay?", he asks with a nod and you wipe your eyes. "Yeah, I just need time", you say back.

"I hope you told her everything", he says towards King and she hums back immediately. "Everything I can think of start to finish, but if she has any questions I'll answer- though there's something I need to tell you", she said and he moved in to the room more to listen.

"So with the whole Kai evidence thing, if I get prosecuted too-"

"Which you won't"

"IF I do, then we have to break it off"

He looks her by her words but you immediately understood why she said so. "Listen, you have made such a name for yourself I'm not having you involved in scandals where you're caught visiting the prison because you want to see me. It's hard enough hiding myself from the media, and I've done a pretty good job at it so far so don't ruin my work", she scolds playfully, though he still wanted to argue about it but he knew it was the most logical thing to do.