Tamakoma branch's picnic

"Let's go to the beach!" Konami declared.

Tomorrow was a Saturday. And in the middle of  the next week, the B-ranks and the A-ranks won't be seeing each other for a month for the upcoming training for away missions.

"Why would we? Everyone would be busy next week. It would be better to take this time for a rest," Karasuma countered. "Besides, I have a shift tomorrow."

"Come on, Torimaru. You have to take a day off!" Konami persisted, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "This is exactly why we need to have some bonding! Even if we could see the kids, they won't see each other since they were assigned different teams."

The rest of Tamakoma were chattering unrelated to what the two were talking about. Karasuma on the other hand was on a deep thought.

"You're right. It might be hard for the B-squad."

"Isn't it?" Konami smiled in victory. "So-“

"Especially Osamu-kun," Karasuma continued.

Mikumo looked up, surprised at the mention of his name. "Huh? What's up?"

"Don't you have something to say to Konami-senpai before we discuss this further?" Karasuma prompted, giving Mikumo a meaningful look.

"What do I have to say?" asked the clueless Mikumo.

"What? What is this? What's with the serious look?" Konami asked in confusion.

"It would be incredibly cheap if I say this, but... Osamu-kun wants to ask you out."

"..."

"What!?" Mikumo and Konami both froze, their expressions a mix of shock and embarrassment.

"Torimaru! You shouldn't steal someone's confession like that!" Konami reprimanded but, Karasuma remained unmoved. "And you, Mikumo. You should have some courage to speak for yourself instead of relying on others. Sorry, but it will be a 'no' from me."

There was a brief pause before Kasasuma spoke.

"That was a lie."

"What!? You're the worst, Torimaru! Mikumo-kun should be devastated by now getting rejected by a pretty girl like me."

"I- I'm okay..." said Mikumo.

Karasuma and Konami fought while everyone else did their thing. After a short while, Yuuichi who was thinking about Konami's suggestion joined in.

"Having time to bond would be great, but the sea is a no-go. How about we do something more accessible, like a picnic?"

"That sounds great," said Konami. "I agree that sounds like less of a hassle."

"How about that, everyone? Any other suggestions?"

"I want lots of snacks," Yootaro added.

"It's settled then. I already have a place in mind..."

***

The next day.

"This place isn't bad, Jin-senpai," Yuga approved. "There's shade if it gets too hot, and the scenery isn't dull."

"That's right. This place is interesting, isn't it?"

"Are you plotting something for suggesting this location?" Hyuse asked.

"Ouch. I'm hurt, Hyuse-kun... But you're right. We'll have a friendly visit here..."

"An enemy!" Chika warned abruptly! Everyone went on high alert.

"""Trigger On!"""

A portal opened close to them inside the forest. In a short delay, a never seen before wolf-like creature appeared.

"A new type!" Mikumo noted.

It quickly dashed towards Mikumo.

"Raygust!"

A shield appeared in front of him. He braced for the impact he expected, but... There wasn't any. The hound created another rift infront of him and fled there.

"Razor!" A voice exploded. Mikumo turned in the direction to where the first portal appeared.

"Neighbors, huh?"

Yuma approached the two neighbors, "Hello."