one

Like every Tuesday morning, Artemis Gaunt heads to the dungeons.
She sighs in annoyance.

Don't get her wrong, she loves Potions just as much as DADA, but the fact that Professor Slughorn has to create a new seating plan every year annoys pretty much every student. Artemis just hopes she'll sit next to Lily Evans, considering they have to have a partner from another house anyway.

The young Slytherin enters the classroom and sees all the students already gathered around the seating plan at the front. "Hey Artemis!" greets Lily, her former Potions neighbor. "Hey."
"Please tell me I'm sitting next to you" says the Slytherin hopefully. Lily looks at her apologetically. "Sorry, but I'm sitting next to Severus this year" she says apologetically. Artemis groans in frustration and heads to her seat.

Lupin, Remus - Gaunt, Artemis.

"Must it be?" Artemis asks irritably, catching a laughing Lily out of the corner of her eye. "Don't be like that! Remus is very friendly and won't annoy you" the redhead grins at the Slytherin. "Yeah great, a friend of the other 3 idiots" she says bitterly. "Ow, that hurt, Artimarty" she hears the voice of Sirius. She turns to the Gryffindor, who playfully holds his chest. "Your heart is on the other side, you idiot," Artemis grins at Sirius, who just rolls his eyes. "Don't worry, Miss I-have-to-be-the-best. Remus is very good at brewing potions," he says to her and doesn't bother to respond to what she said. Artemis just sighs and sits down, waiting for the remaining students to arrive. "At least you're sitting next to Sev, Lils. You hit the jackpot with us this year and last" Artemis says to the redhead, who just beams back at her. "Don't tell Severus, but I'm pretty sure we were the best Potion partners" she laughs.

"Don't say such things, Lily-flower! You, me, a better couple could never exist" suddenly says James Potter, who enters the classroom. Lily rolls her eyes in annoyance and gives Potter the finger. Sirius and a few others in the room start laughing, while Potter sits down at his desk with a slimy grin. "I hate this guy so much" murmurs Lily to Artemis, who only nods in agreement. "If he put as much effort into being nice to you as he does playing pranks, you'd probably be with him by now" says Artemis teasingly. Lily looks at her shocked, before a shiver runs down her spine. "You don't mean that seriously?" Lily looks at Artemis skeptically. "Of course not. You're smarter than the rest of the girls lining up for that guy. You're just unfortunately his prey" grins Artemis at Lily. "Please never say again that I'm his prey. That sounds so disgusting."

"Severus!" greets Lily her best friend. "Lily" smiles the black-haired boy at her. "Good news, you and I are sitting together" the redhead grins at him. Severus' eyes start to sparkle, noticed only by Artemis. "Lily, you heartless wench" laughs Artemis, who gets a punch on the upper arm from Lily. Artemis flinches slightly.

Fuck, right on the wound.

"Stop insulting!"

"Snevillius!" suddenly someone shouts from the other end of the classroom. Severus tenses up, ignoring James. "I'm talking to you, Snevillius" says Potter again and goes towards the trio. "Fuck off" hisses Artemis and stands up from her chair. "Who was talking to you?" he asks scornfully and looks back at Severus. "She's right, Potter. Just bugger off and leave us alone," Lily goes between Severus and James and looks at James with an angry look. James just raises his arms defensively and takes a few steps back. "Keep hiding behind the girls, Snape," he says, looking at Severus and Artemis appraisingly, then goes back to his place. At least not before winking at Lily. "Damn asshole. I hope his cauldron explodes, and he blows up with it," hisses Artemis, Severus just nods.

Lily, Severus, and Artemis head to the library after lunch. "See, Remus isn't such a bad guy after all" says Lily and pats Artemis on the shoulder. Severus snorts, which earns him a warning glance from Lily. "I mean it. Remus is really peaceful and by far the most mature of the group. Maybe you two should consider studying with me and Remus. He's really brilliant" tries the redhead to encourage her friends to study together. "Nothing against you, Lily, but I prefer not to have anything to do with the Marauders. They're a group of odd kids who only have mischief on their minds," says Artemis, to which Severus only agrees. "A Black in Gryffindor, a complete idiot, a stalker, and the supposed genius. Who would have thought that the four of them would make a good group of friends?" asks Severus annoyed. Lily starts to pout and crosses her arms in front of her chest. Severus and Artemis look at her amusedly before changing the subject.

"Oh for fuck's sake" groans Artemis in annoyance as the aforementioned group appears in the hallway. "Look who it is, my beautiful Lily and her two pets" says James and approaches Lily. Lily just rolls her eyes and pulls the two Slytherins through the corridor. "Oi, Snevillius!," calls James Severus, laughing.

Peter Pettigrew, the idiot, as Severus called him earlier, starts giggling. Remus just looks apologetically at Lily and Sirius avoids Artemis' gaze. "Just keep going," says Artemis to Severus, who is clutching his wand tightly. "Do you still ignore me?" asks James behind the three friends and throws an apple at Severus. Unfortunately, the apple hits the Slytherin on the head, and James, who is well trained for the Quidditch games, didn't exactly throw the apple gently. "Severus!" Lily looks shocked at her friend, who is holding his head in pain.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" barks Artemis at James and goes towards him. "No one was talking to you, Medusa" says James, rolling his eyes. Artemis's blood starts to boil, and her fingers feel numb. Her face looks filled with hatred, and James is sure that this girl is about to do something to him. Sirius notices this too and rushes to James' side. "Calm down, Artie" he says and puts his hands on her shoulders. Artemis shook his hands off and drew her wand. "Shut the fuck up, Sirius" she glared at Sirius, holding her wand threateningly in front of his face.

Alarmed, the other Marauders reached for their wands, including Severus, who had turned away from Lily. "Come on, my sweet princess. You'd never hurt me" Sirius said, grinning and raising his hands in surrender. "I wouldn't be so sure" suddenly another voice spoke behind the four Gryffindor boys. "That's unfair. My own brother turning against me" Sirius said, feigning shock. Regulus just rolled his eyes and gently took hold of Artemis's wrist. "They're not worth it, Artie" the younger one said, pushing her hand down. Artemis snorted before turning around and walking away with her friends.

James watched the four of them leave, annoyed. "I don't understand why Lily hangs out with those Pureblood fanatics" James said irritably. "And what was that, Sirius? Do you and Medusa have something going on?" he asked his best friend, sounding annoyed. Sirius just shrugged.

While the Marauders made plans for the rest of the day, the three Slytherins and Lily gossiped about them.