01

Chapter- 01

The Holy Matrimony 

Derik Daniel D'Silva gazed at his reflection in the mirror, the polished glass revealing a man on the precipice of a life-altering decision. The room, once a sanctuary, now felt oppressive. And there, standing behind him—unexpected, unwelcome—was her ghostly presence. Her eyes bore into him, a silent accusation.

For a fleeting second, he dared to hope that she was truly there, that she hadn't abandoned him and is here to get back with him. Before the happiness of his heart reach his eyes reality crashed down—the space behind him remained empty, and fresh tears welled up, blurring his vision.

The pain seared through him, akin to being consumed by flames. Her smile, etched in memory, taunted him. "I want  divorce," her words echoed relentlessly. His sanity teetered on the edge; emotions he'd suppressed erupted, and he cried out, a bitter lament for love lost.

Why? The question reverberated within him.

Why had she left? 

Why had God shown no mercy? 

Why did his love life crumble repeatedly?

 Why him, always?

Answers eluded him. Yet, one truth remained: this pain was his penance. He'd loved too fiercely, too unconditionally. An emotional fool, he deserved every ache.

He closed his eyes, envisioning her tear-streaked face, the knife at her throat. "Sign this or see me dead," she'd demanded. Why had she chosen death over him? The answer remained elusive.

He wiped his tears, determined not to weep for her any longer. If she could move on, so could he—happier, stronger.  

"Bro, how much longer?" His younger brother Akash's impatient voice shattered his reverie. "Even Anni finished her makeup hours ago. Come on!"

He splashed water on his face, erasing traces of tears, and forced a counterfeit smile

Derik Daniel D'Silva stood before the altar,  awaiting his bride. As his gaze landed on Rosy D'Silva anger surged within him. The woman who stood there with pride in her eyes, had manipulated him and blackmailed him into this union. and Now, she plays the role of a proud mother, witnessing her child's blissful marriage.

The vengeance that simmered within him was a dark, inextinguishable flame. He could not forgive her for stripping away his chance at reconciliation with his true love. This marriage was a life sentence to a loveless future, a daily reminder of what could have been.

In the quiet recesses of his heart, a voice whispered accusations, pointing the finger of blame squarely at him. He professed to despise his mother, refused to acknowledge her as his mother, yet in the face of her ultimatum, he had capitulated. He had become a Puppet, dancing to her tune, stepping into a marriage devoid of affection.