Eleven

Eleven

SantaMaria stayed with Becca for an entire week before Homelander came back

SantaMaria stayed with Becca for an entire week before Homelander came back. She and Ryan started to bond with each other. He'd shown her his collection of lego sets one of which included her as the Siren. "What's my dad like?" Ryan caught her off guard.
"He's a hero. He saved me ya know? Yeah, I was seventeen and he helped me get on the right path." SantaMaria spat out the sugarcoated bullshit like it was gospel. "He's kind of like my dad too. It was always just me and my mom so…"
Ryan nodded. "Yeah, me and my mom are close too."
"I'm not…" SantaMaria's voice broke. "I haven't seen my mother in years."
"Why?"
Because he took me from her. "Being a hero keeps me busy. I'm running around all the time. I barely have time to call her."

Becca was starting to worry that SantaMaria had Stockholm Syndrome because the lies she told about her relationship with Homelander rolled off the tongue a little too easily.

The day before Homelander was due to visit again, Becca and SantaMaria were washing dishes together. Ryan had just gone to bed after dinner.
"He's hurting you isn't he?" Becca whispered.
"Don't make me lie to you." SantaMaria gripped the dish in her hand until her knuckles hurt, "You know I make him angry. You know I can't answer that question honestly without being punished." Her grip on the dish tightened, shattering it in her hand. Becca set the dishes down, shutting off the water, running to her first aid kit. When she came back SantaMaria was singing a song to herself while running her hand under some warm water. Becca watched the young hero's hand heal instantly. "I learned how to do that when Homelander burned me for the first time so there's no need for a bandage." She walked past Becca and into the guest room, locking the door behind her.

She didn't come out for the rest of the night.

Earlier that day, the new CEO of Vought's is looking everywhere for Homecoming who is supposed to be an integral part of the comapny's Girls Get It Done campaign. And yet, she's nowhere to be found. But everyone knows SantaMaria doesn't get to do or say anything without Homelander's approval so she looks for him next. But Homelander is also nowhere to be found.
-
The next month is filled with watching auditions both video and in-person looking for the ideal cast of a show she held dear to her heart. She'd already be playing Veronica Sawyer by popular demand.
"I'd rather play a Heather." SantaMaria had said in the meeting. "The green one. I promised I'd cast unknown talent for the leads."
"And…" AShley looked at Homelander. "You will. Just not for the female lead. There are so many talented boys who want to make their off Broadway debut alongside America's sweetheart. So, pick one."
"I pick Icecapade." SantaMaria said one day. "He's got a girlfriend so we won't have to worry about any unwanted showmance and we can focus on the art. That's my JD."

Every night turns into work. She doesn't perform at the matinee's because she's shooting Dawn Of The Seven. Stan Edgar himself insisted she sing the soundtrack in addition to starring alongside her teammates.