Mario Kart and Cousins

Ashlyn looked up at Aidens huge ass house. She gulped. Sure the boy had forgiven her—but it was still awkward as hell.

She took a deep breath and knocked on the door.
She heard a few crashes come from inside the house, and a very excited Aiden opened the door. His grin big on his face.
"Hey Ash!"

"Hey Aiden," Ashlyn said. Aiden invited her in and Ashlyn was awestruck for a moment by how big it was—it was something no one could ever get used to. The tension between them was noticeable, and Aiden let out a nervous laugh.
"Sooooooo," Aiden said, rocking back and forth on his feet. "Wanna like....I don't know commit arson or something?"

Ashlyn chuckled. Aidens eyebrows shot up.
"Was that a laugh? Did I make the Ashlyn banner laugh?!"
Ashlyn smiled. "With how stupid you are, yes."
Aiden grinned. "I'm honored,"
"You should be,"

They both laughed at that. Aiden gestured got Ashlyn to follow him to the stairs so they could go to his room.

"But seriously," Aiden said. "What do you want to do? We've got plenty of stuff here—OH DO YOU WANNA GO SWIMMING AGAIN?!"

Ashlyn cringed when she remembered the last time they went swimming together.
"Uh yeah—hell no."

"Then how about we play some video games?" Aiden asked. Ashlyn quirked an eyebrow.

"What games do you have?"

"I was thinking video games—but we could play a board game if you want!" Aiden said, smiling. Although—he really wanted to play video games with Ashlyn right now. Who knows maybe she was some kind of video game goddess under all that.......grump?

"I don't really play video games.." Ashlyn admitted. Aiden looked at her pleadingly.

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? We can start with something simple! Like uh—Mario kart! Actually you know what? Fuck it! We're playing Mario kart!"

Before Ashlyn could even comprehend what was happening—Aiden grabbed her wrist and yanked her to his room. Which—no surprise—was a mess. But it did look organized to a degree.

Ashlyn sat down on his bed while Aiden got his Nintendo switch set up. He handed her a controller.
"You've played Mario kart before right?" Aiden asked.
Ashlyn nodded. "Yeah I have. I think most people have,"

"We'll then, dear Ashlyn, prepared to get your ass kicked by the Mario kart KING," Aiden said, smug.

It took everything in Ashlyn's being not to smack him right then and there. She wasn't that much of a competitive person to begin with but.....

Oh boy did she want to slap that smug grin off his face.

Ashlyn scowled at him. "Bet."
Aiden smirked. "How much?"

Ashlyn paused, taking in a moment to look at him. His smile—it was genuine for once. His bleached blonde hair shimmered a little—it was like she was looking at him through rose tinted glasses.

"Huh..." Ashlyn thought to herself. "I guess people didn't lie when they said live is blind. It makes this rat look like a damn prince."

Ashlyn quickly shook those thoughts away, trying to calm her racing heart. Aiden was in much of the same boat, his heart nearly blasting off to space when their fingers brushed slightly.

The familiar theme of Mario Kart played as the main menu got pulled up—and Aiden and Ashlyn both looked at each other with a knowing smirk.
Today they could forget about their worries.

Right now—they could be teens.

Horribly oblivious teens—but teens nonetheless.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
"AIDEN I SWEAR TO WHATEVER GOD IS IN THE SKY IF YOU HIT ME WITH A SHELL AGAIN I'LL RIP THAT STUPID BROOM WEAVE OFF YOUR HEAD AND SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT!"
"ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU SUCK AT THE GAME!"

"IT IS IM BLAMING YOU!"
"WHAT DID I DO?!"
"EXSIST IN MY PRESENCE."

Aiden and Ashlyn had been playing for hours now. Aiden—true to his word—was a tough player. He won most of the races. It got Ashlyn more and more irritated—mostly because Aiden kept gloating.

Suddenly—the door burst open. Lily wandered in—grinning ear to ear.
"Hey Aiden guess what guess what guess what?! Ben has a—" Lily said excitedly, but stopped when she noticed Ashlyn. She gasped dramatically.
"OOOOOOO IS SHE YOUR GIRLFRIEND?!"

Aiden was about to interrupt—but Lily ran downstairs before he could do so.
"Mom! Aiden has a really pretty girl over!" They heard lily tell Naomi, Ben's mother.

Aiden and Ashlyn looked at each other as they heard the shocked gasps of the adults downstairs.

Shit.

(A/N: YALL I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO COME OUT TvT. BUT SIDE NOTE—ya'll are gonna hate me for this—next week the story will be taking a week hiatus. It's mostly due to the fact that my grades are awful right now—I have testing—and I need to get my grades up or uh—the dreaded summer school. I am really really sorry but hopefully by the end of the week I should be posting regularly again! Anyways—ill still post tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday. Soooo thank you reading this long ass message and have a nice day :D)