Little Hero | 2/2

Jin felt like the doctor kept mount Everest on his shoulders. His hold on Jungkook's hand tightened. he knew he had to make a decision and fast. He crouched down to reach Jungkook and cupped his face.

"I will be okay" Jungkook said, adding more weight to Jin's heart.

"Please- we love you so much, kook"

"I know hyung, I love you all too. I will come back with Soo. I promise" Jin pecked Jungkook's forehead with so much love and apologies, for making him do something like that. Jungkook hopped a little to peck Jin on the cheek, as if assuring him and telling him that he will be okay.

Hoseok, too, hugged the brother out of breath. Yoongi gave Jungkook two thumbs up which Jungkook returned with a smile. Yoongi was sure that Jungkook was going to be okay or.. Maybe he wasn't ready to accept that Jungkook wouldn't come back.

Jungkook was taken away by a nurse to get him ready in a hospital gown. After he came back to Jungsoo's room, he could see two beds next to each other. On one of them was his sister whom was in a gown similar to his and connected to a several machines. He examined her face to see how pale it had gotten. And he knew that only he could get back her usual peach cheeks that him and his brothers loved pecking and squishing. A nurse picked him up to help him get on the bed next to his sister's.

As the nurse came back with the IV drip to connect Jungkook to some saline or medication, Jungkook asked her to move his bed closer to the sister's. not really sure about his intentions, she asked the doctor if it was okay. Since it had no serious problem, the doctor gave permission and got busy with the other work. As the wheels of the bed moved the bed closer to Jungsoo's, leaving a little space between the beds, Jungkook shifted in his position and stood up on his knees to move closer to Jungsoo. The little boy whispered some words in her ear and kissed her cheek. He laid back in his bed only after holding onto his sister's hand. The nurse who was uncovering a syringe from its wrapper felt her heart flutter at the action of Jungkook.

She had to ask Jungkook to release her sister's hand to connect the IV drip. She could connect it to his other hand, too, but it meant she had connect the blood transferring tube to the arm that Jungkook was holding onto his sister. And she couldn't do that because the arm had to be relaxed. And gripping onto something meant the opposite of that.

After the nurse connected the IV drip, Jungkook went back to holding onto Jungsoo's hand. He barely felt the sting since he was so used to it. both of them were. Then the nurse cleaned the inside of his elbow to connect the transferring tube.

"This is going to feel like a little mosquito" the nurse said but Jungkook had felt hundreds of mosquitos like that to the point that real mosquito bites would feel like nothing. Jungkook just smiled and nodded.

The nurse finished connecting all the tubes and bottles and all of them properly with the help of another nurse. The assisting nurse left the room leaving the two doctors and the other nurse behind. The doctors checked Jungsoo's vitals and wrote something down on a notepad, Jungkook noticed. They asked the nurse to connect a monitor to Jungkook as well.

But that was all Jungkook could hear clearly. He felt like someone was tugging at the veins of his arm but it felt like the pain was slowly fading away. He turned his head to look at his sister who was still unconscious without a smile on her face. He wanted to tell her that she was going to be okay- that he was there to help her, but he couldn't open his mouth. He felt light in the head before his heavy eye lids decided to close against his will, making her sister's face the last thing he saw before blacking out.

***

Jin had washed his face multiple times but he wasn't really back to his proper self. He was still walking on hazy thoughts. What if he had made the wrong choice? What if he won't get to see either of his siblings okay again? These kinds of thoughts were haunting his mind. Yoongi had told him that Jungkook had eaten something and told him to eat the food he previously brought. But Jin had stubbornly refused, asking Hoseok to eat it. At the end, none of the elder brothers ate.