chapter 33

Thank you all for 19k reads on Makhfi

This chapter is for disha7722

Hope you like the chapter

Chapter 33

Shahvaiz's POV

How am I supposed to tell everything to Noor? I've been asking myself the same question for the past 2 hours. She's going to hate me if she knows the reason why I married her. I mentally prepared myself and entered our room. Mahnoor was busy watching something on her phone and didn't look at me. I called out her name twice but she didn't reply.

Mahnoor: " Did you marry me because of this video?" she asked and then showed me her phone screen. I freezed, I couldn't move. The thing that was haunting me for the past few months was in front of me. I watched as the video played and showed the bitter truth. My throat was clogged, I couldn't breathe nor speak. I kept mum as I didnt know what to do, whether to lie or to tell her the truth.

Mahnoor: "tumhari khamoshi bata rahi hai keh yeh sach hai." she was now standing in front me with the phone clutched in her hand. There was a few feet of distance between us and I wanted to end it by pulling her closer to me.

Shahvaiz: " Noor......meri jaan...meri baat suno, main batata hun sab.'' I stepped ahead and she stepped back. This act of hers was like a knife to my hurt, it felt like she had physically hit me.

Mahnoor: "oh i was so right....." she said and then chuckled. I looked at her as she looked at me with blame shining in her eyes.

Mahnoor: "jab mainey apsey pucha tha tab apney inkaar kardiya tha, you said ke you were not pressured in this marriage."

[Shahvaiz:" Look Mahnoor. I know this whole situation isn't ideal but we could at least try to make this marriage work. I know it will take some time bu......

Mahnoor:"Hogya apka drama." I spoke cutting him mid sentence.

Shahvaiz:"What?" He stood up. So did I.

Mahnoor:"Apko kya lagta hai apney mughsey shaadi kerli hai aur ap sabkey samney hero bangai hai to main apki ehsan mand hogai hun . Apko bohat Bari ghalat fehmi hai, merey liye yeh rishta sirf naam ka hai."

Shahvaiz:"Are you even hearing yourself? Kya boli ka rahi ho tum? Kessey ehsan ki baat ker rahi ho"

Mahnoor:"Usi ehsan ki jo apney merey par tars kha ker kiya tha."

Shahvaiz:"Kaisa tars, main tumpar taras kyun khaonga."]

I listened as she recalled the events of our wedding night. I looked at her teared face and flinched. She walked and sat at the edge of the bed and just kept looking ahead.

Everything is messed up, how will she believe me even if I explain the situation to her now? I just kept looking at her, I couldn't speak, it felt as if I had no voice, my voice refused to come out of my throat, as it was betraying me.

Minutes passed, as the time ticked, but neither one of us uttered a single word. She kept gazing at the floor and I kept gazing at her.

_____________________________________________

Armaan

Mehrma : " Kya tum Zunaira se shaadi kero gey?"

I looked at her with wide eyes and a frantic heart. The hell! Did she really just ask me that? Is she insane? In a few days I'm about to get married to Anural and she's asking me this now.

Mehrma: "aisey kya aankhey phaar ke dekh rahe ho? Tum bas mughey jawab do baki mera kaam hai, main kisi bhi tarha tumhari shaadi Zunaira se kerwa dungi.'

I cut her in between her ranting.

Armaan: "Are you even hearing yourself? Behn meri ek haftey mein shaadi hai.'' I told her, and she just rolled her eyes at my reply.

Mehrma: "oh pleaseee, wo larki tumhey passand bhi nahi kerti hai. It's dang obvious."
Armaan: "toh issey kya hota hai. And leave this topic."
I told her, trying to brush off the topic.

Mehrma: "god! You guys are so childish." she said and huffed in the end.

Armaan: "you're literally acting like a child and telling me that I'm childish? What a nerve?" I told her in reply she just rolled her eyes.

Mehrma: "Are you seriously okay with this marriage?" she asked, concern visible in her voice. It made me smile.

Armaan: "Look, I've come to terms with what's happening, and by heart I wish her a great future even if it's without me." I spoke my genuine thoughts out. Mehrma then proceeded to wipe her fake tears making me shake my head at her antics.

_____________________________________________

Mahnoor's POV

Please Shahvaiz, please say that all of this is a lie. But when he didn't say anything, I understood the reality of the situation.

Mahnoor: " Did you marry me because of this video?"

His silence and lack of words gave me my answer. I felt as if I couldn't breathe. Everything shattered around me, my life, my future and even my past.

Mahnoor: "tumhari khamoshi bata rahi hai keh yeh sach hai." tears welled up in my eyes. Oh I wished that all of this would be a dream, a nightmare.

Shahvaiz: " Noor......meri jaan...meri baat suno, main batata hun sab.'' he stepped towards me and I stepped back. I didn't want him near me until he said that all of this is a lie. His face fell and hurt was written on his face.

Mahnoor: "oh i was so right....." I spoke and then a chuckle escaped my mouth.

Mahnoor: "jab mainey apsey pucha tha tab apney inkaar kardiya tha, you said ke you were not pressured in this marriage." The scene that occurred on our wedding night came to mind and I reminded him of his words. Tears escaped my eyes as I reminded him. I was physically and mentally drained, I do. I kept looking at the edge of the bed, trying to dismiss my thoughts and the current situation. ahead, not knowing what to do. This was not how I imagined this night to end.

Shahzain's POV

I walked in the garden only to come across Zunaira who was lost in thoughts.

I cleared my throat, gaining her attention.

Zunaira: "Oh Shahzain bhai aye baithey." she said and motioned me to sit at a chair on her front.

Shahzain: "kya soch rahi ho?" I asked as I sat on the chair.

Zunaira: "I'm thinking ke main Islamabad shift ho jao" her words made me appalled.

Shahzain: "kyun? Iski koi zaroorat nahi hai." I told her, dismissing the topic.

Zunaira: "yaar bhaiiii, atleast reason toh sunley." she whinned making me give her a glare, which she obviously ignored.

Aakhir behn kiski hai

My subconscious remarked.

Shahzain: "stop running away from your problems Zunaira. Aur ab is topic pey no discussion." I told her and then ignored her huffing.

_____________________________________________

Long time no see

Anyways, how was the chapter?
Hope you liked it.

Please vote and comment