Natalie's POV

Natalie walked down the curved brick staircase to greet the couple whom were already speaking with sister rosemary. They were done with the signing of adoption papers and we're now waiting for the boy Natalie was coming down with.
"Good morning Anuty rosemary"she greeted holding the boy by his wrist.
"Good morning dear. He is ready right?"sister rosemary asked.
"Yes I think so."Natalie said.
The little boy held on to Natalie's hand tightly refusing to let go of it.
"What's the problem ken?"sister rosemary asked but the boy didn't say a thing.
"I'll go speak with him" Natalie said and led him to a seat at a corner.
"What's the problem again Kenny?"Natalie asked.
"I don't like them. I don't want to go" Kenneth said.
Natalie let out a sigh,glad that she moved away from the couple.
"I thought we talked about this?You know what , I'll be visiting You every weekend and I will bring Joseph with me,what do you think?"she asked him.
His eyes lit up.
"Really? You'll do that?" He asked.
"I'll do just that."she assured.
"Thank you" he said happily.
"You're welcomed. Now l collected their numbers and mine is in your backpack so you can call me anytime you wish." She informed.
"Okay."
"Now,we don't want to keep them waiting,do we?" She said and pinched his cheek slightly.
She wasn't ready to let him go but she had no other choice.He needs a family to take care of him and she knows that but still she didn't want to leave him with those people as he was still 3 years old.
"Natalie!!"she heard sister rosemary call and she started to take ken back to them.
"Keep your promise"Kenneth reminded smiling.
"Of course"Natalie said and left with the couple.
"The children will really miss him"Natalie Said.
"I know but I hope this is for the best. Let's go to the hall. I think our guests might have arrived."sister rosemary said with a smile and went up the stairs.
Natalie blinked back the tears that were fighting their way out and trailed behind sister rosemary.
************************************
ST. MARGARET LAUNCHING PARTY

Just as sister rosemary had predicted, their guests were already arriving. Natalie joined the other sisters to quiet the kids down as sister rosemary went up the stage to greet the guests. The visitors were from a huge company and they have been building a school for the kids which has already been completed as it was being opened today.
The kids were so excited that they couldn't keep it quiet no matter how much the sisters were trying to get them to stay quiet.
They only quietened down,only when one of the guests stood of to speak.
   Natalie wasn't really paying attention to whatever speech that was being given as she was just staring at the familiar face which was sitting among the other guests.
"I guess you succeeded anyway"she mumbled with a slight grimace.
   After they were done with whatever speech they wanted to give,the guests, alongside sister rosemary and the other high rank reverend sisters left for a tour at the new school while the other sisters took care of the kids, leading them out to the playground at the back.
Natalie stayed back in her bedroom as she wasn't in the mood to go under the morning sun and besides she wasn't a sister.
      She just comes to the orphanage whenever she felt the need to visit,so she didn't need to follow any rules.

A few moments later, through her window she saw the reverends sauntering around the backyard under the canopies. It seemed like the party was about to get started.
As Natalie made her way from the building to the canopies,she bumped into someone.
"Woah."she muttered and looked up only to see herself looking into the familiar face from earlier. He was on his phone.
   He glanced up at her, Surprise? astonishment?shock?..... Natalie wasn't sure if what expression he had on but one thing she knows is that no way in hell was he letting this dude know that she recognized him too.

"I will call later"he hushed into the phone,eyes not for a minute looking away from her.
She mumbled an apology and bypassed him to go on her way but stopped to face him when she heard him call.
"Natan"he called.
She raised a brow at him.
"Natalie?"he called for the second time as if he was really trying to clarify something.
"Do I.... Know you? Who's Natalie?"she asked
"What?"he said almost in a whisper, confusion evident on his face.
"Freya!"they heard sister rosemary call.
"Be right there.! Excuse me "she said and left.
"What? No......wait"he reached out but she was already gone.

Sister rosemary took her to a corner and asked
"Is anything the problem?"sister rosemary asked worriedly.
"I think he recognized me,anuty"she replied.
"But who is he?"sister rosemary asked again.
"A past friend. But not actually a close one" she said.
Sister rosemary heaved a sigh.
"You really need to be careful.you went through a lot to get here, Natalie. We can't let anyone know who you are exactly." Sister rosemary reminded.
Natalie smiled and gently held sister rosemary's elbow.
"You don't need to keep reminding me that. You worry too much. Besides,am sure he heard you call me Freya and he has no other choice but to believe it. Let's go back to the party. We've been here for a while." She said and they both left.